Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts
Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by al.com
    ... Kurt Warner, a Hall of Fame quarterback and former Super Bowl MVP, likes Tagovailoa’s accuracy, decision making and lack of turnovers.

“But they’re so talented that sometimes you have to take it with a grain of salt and go, OK, you watch some of those games when he struggled a little bit and you go, why did he struggle? He’s getting hit,” Warner said. “Things weren’t perfect around him and he started to struggle a little bit. You start to weigh that. But what we’ve seen in two years of playing and the level of consistency he’s had, the accuracy that he’s shown, I’m really excited to see how he progresses for another year and then what he can do at this level.”

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...nfl-draft.html

BamaNation All-American

Re: Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts

I have a feeling Tua and this team will be on a little bit of a revenge tour this season. I'm looking forward to it

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

We cant just enjoy the successes of the 2019 draft class we have to go on to the 2020 draft class which, by some accounts, includes up to 12 Alabama players drafted in the first round.

That’s crazy talk. Five max and more likely three.
    Last edited by BamaNation; April 30th, 2019 at 07:21 AM.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    We cant just enjoy the successes of the 2019 draft class we have to go on to the 2020 draft class which, by some accounts, includes up to 12 Alabama players drafted in the first round.

Read that article and pretty much agree with you. However, all those guys are really good and that's just the guys that are draft eligible. From that, I extrapolate that we have a chance to have a pretty good team if we get our special teams contributing.

As crazy as it sounds, Tua has something to prove in 2019.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post

Yea 12 is just dumb. I think the only first round locks(or at least as close as you can be to a lock at this point) are Tua and Jeudy. The rest all need to have good to great seasons.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Yea 12 is just dumb. I think the only first round locks(or at least as close as you can be to a lock at this point) are Tua and Jeudy. The rest all need to have good to great seasons.
    There are always guys that slip down the draft board for no reason. Sometimes nfl teams over reach (which we saw a lot of this year) and it makes guys get picked later than they would by any rational thought. After what I saw this year, I would not even say Tua and Jeudy are a guarantee.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    There are always guys that slip down the draft board for no reason. Sometimes nfl teams over reach (which we saw a lot of this year) and it makes guys get picked later than they would by any rational thought. After what I saw this year, I would not even say Tua and Jeudy are a guarantee.
    Yea I agree. That's why i said as close to locks as possible at this point. Things always change especially with injuries and such.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Tua would have to regress remarkably to fall out of the first round IMO (or have a serious injury). If he has anything close to the same production/numbers he had last year he's a lock to be a top 3 pick. Again, my opinion and I don't claim to understand the NFL draft.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Yeah its way too early. The only thing I think is a guarantee is that we'll have at least 10 drafted for the 4 consecutive year. Which is amazing in and of itself.

The season has to be played out. If we play up to potential, it will be a season for the ages, and the draft will reflect that.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

As most of us know the NFL is a completely different game than college. There's been absolute studs in college who were in and out of the NFL quicker than Jameis Winston can pocket some crab legs. From the eye test, Tua's game seems to check a lot of the boxes of what it takes to be a successful NFL quarterback. But it's no guarantee Tua will make it in the NFL. Heck, as the year went on I (an untrained amateur eye) could see flaws in his game on the college level. Those are greatly magnified on the pro level and if not fixed normally is what puts players out of the game quick.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I have a feeling Tua and this team will be on a little bit of a revenge tour this season. I'm looking forward to it
    The problem is that Bama's season doesn't start until December. There's not going to be a revenge tour - they beat every SEC team they played in 2018.

In 2019 it's beat Clemson and win the title or bust. Anything less will be a disappointment.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    As most of us know the NFL is a completely different game than college. There's been absolute studs in college who were in and out of the NFL quicker than Jameis Winston can pocket some crab legs. From the eye test, Tua's game seems to check a lot of the boxes of what it takes to be a successful NFL quarterback. But it's no guarantee Tua will make it in the NFL. Heck, as the year went on I (an untrained amateur eye) could see flaws in his game on the college level. Those are greatly magnified on the pro level and if not fixed normally is what puts players out of the game quick.
    Yea I don't think anyone is a guarantee in the NFL.

However, Tua excels at the things that are most predictive of NFL success for QBs. Accuracy to all areas of the field, ability to quickly process information, and success from a clean pocket.

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    The problem is that Bama's season doesn't start until December. There's not going to be a revenge tour - they beat every SEC team they played in 2018.

In 2019 it's beat Clemson and win the title or bust. Anything less will be a disappointment.
    So, business as usual?