Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'll probably be wrong about this but

Players I'm pretty confident will go round 1...

Jeudy
Tua

Players I think have really good shots to go round 1 IF they have big years/stay healthy. Based on athleticism and potential...

Ruggs
Davis
Lewis
Leatherwood
Diggs
Moses

Then guys who I think could be 2nd-3rd rounders with an outside shot of a being a 1st. Some of these guys might come back...

Jennings
Wills
McKinney
Carter
Najee

And then 2 sleeper guys who with big years have a chance of really moving up based on talent. Though both I think will come back

Brian Robinson
DeVonta Smith
Pretty much what I see, except I think swapping Jennings and Moses and maybe have Devonta closer to a 2nd and 3rd rounder.

I think what makes it hard to say for sure where these guys go is 5 things: 1) there are only 32 slots in the 1st round 2) we have no idea what order these teams are going to be in 3) The Combine can break a lot of folks that are thought to be great and elevate others no one has ever heard of 4) their last impressions are critical and 5) We have no idea how free agency will shake out

I think 4 is what maybe we get. I mean look at 2016, we got 1 in the first round when everyone was expecting 3-4 at the very least.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Pretty much what I see, except I think swapping Jennings and Moses and maybe have Devonta closer to a 2nd and 3rd rounder.

I think what makes it hard to say for sure where these guys go is 5 things: 1) there are only 32 slots in the 1st round 2) we have no idea what order these teams are going to be in 3) The Combine can break a lot of folks that are thought to be great and elevate others no one has ever heard of 4) their last impressions are critical and 5) We have no idea how free agency will shake out

I think 4 is what maybe we get. I mean look at 2016, we got 1 in the first round when everyone was expecting 3-4 at the very least.
I can see that. I think Jennings vs Moses is potential vs production. I think Moses just has a ton of potential because of his speed and Jennings is a really solid player who I kinda wonder if he's a bit maxed out.

On DeVonta Smith I just think he will come back. Its going to be hard for him to stand out with Ruggs, Jeudy AND Waddle. But I could be wrong. Maybe he ends up outproducing Ruggs this year and Ruggs is the one to come back. Or maybe Irv Smiths production is spread around enough that everyone eats.

Idk. I think at least one of Ruggs/Smith will come back instead of leaving early.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You know, I'd just like everyone to stay healthy for a change. We're due a healthy season. And if that happens, folks are gonna get paid when its time to get paid.
Yeah our best defensive player got hurt before the season and didn't play a down. I'm kinda wondering if there is something new Cochran is experimenting with because we have an uncanny amount of leg injuries over the past 2 years.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I can see that. I think Jennings vs Moses is potential vs production. I think Moses just has a ton of potential because of his speed and Jennings is a really solid player who I kinda wonder if he's a bit maxed out.

On DeVonta Smith I just think he will come back. Its going to be hard for him to stand out with Ruggs, Jeudy AND Waddle. But I could be wrong. Maybe he ends up outproducing Ruggs this year and Ruggs is the one to come back. Or maybe Irv Smiths production is spread around enough that everyone eats.

Idk. I think at least one of Ruggs/Smith will come back instead of leaving early.
I think the only way Ruggs doesn't have a good year (without injury to him or Tua) is he gets double teamed alot. But I just don't see college secondaries being able to consistently do that with the other guys we have. These are not the days of just trying to contain Julio.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Why is everyone so sure he is going to leave as a Jr? His little brother is on the team -Hawaiians love family. Maybe Tua stays hungry for another championship run? I see lots of reasons to stay..

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Why is everyone so sure he is going to leave as a Jr? His little brother is on the team -Hawaiians love family. Maybe Tua stays hungry for another championship run? I see lots of reasons to stay..
I see million$ of reasons to leave. If he’s the first pick, he and his family will be set for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
It's possible. But just doesn't happen all that often. Especially with little bro waiting for his chance.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think the only way Ruggs doesn't have a good year (without injury to him or Tua) is he gets double teamed alot. But I just don't see college secondaries being able to consistently do that with the other guys we have. These are not the days of just trying to contain Julio.
I think he is likely a 1st rounder but like I said, its kinda hard to predict when WRs will be drafted. Or at least people have been pretty bad at it recently. And like 81 has said there are only 32 picks.

Regardless hes a heck of a player and my favorite WR to watch along with Waddle. He'll do well in the NFL.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
IF he has a great year and is projected as a top pick as in top 3 or so, I think it would foolish to not cash in the opportunity. Just his signing bonus sets him for life.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
IF he has a great year and is projected as a top pick as in top 3 or so, I think it would foolish to not cash in the opportunity. Just his signing bonus sets him for life.
Yep. The QB position, Tua specifically (unlike other positions) is almost guaranteed a top three pick next season. Granted, you have to leave room for crazy and unexpected events. But outside of anything like that. Tua and the other top QB's coming out will be prime targets for the several teams that will be in the market for a franchise quarterback and more than likely will be picking in the top five.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yep. The QB position, Tua specifically (unlike other positions) is almost guaranteed a top three pick next season. Granted, you have to leave room for crazy and unexpected events. But outside of anything like that. Tua and the other top QB's coming out will be prime targets for the several teams that will be in the market for a franchise quarterback and more than likely will be picking in the top five.
The last one I remember, that fit that criteria, and still came back for his senior year was Peyton Manning. I can't remember any since then, but maybe there were a couple here and there. It's just not done. It doesn't make sense in any way whatsoever.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
The last one I remember, that fit that criteria, and still came back for his senior year was Peyton Manning. I can't remember any since then, but maybe there were a couple here and there. It's just not done. It doesn't make sense in any way whatsoever.
Andrew Luck. And Herbert this year may have been a 1st rounder.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Herbert was the clear QB1 for this class prior to his announcement. Might have not gone overall because of the Kyler situation, but most expected him to be top 10.
Yea people seemed to sour on him a bit late in the season/after the season ended though. Idk why or anything because I think I maybe watched one Oregon game the past 2 seasons. But it definitely sounds like he would have at least been in discussion for QB2. I think Kyler probably still ends up going 1st but idk.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Family has money. Bet if he came from a normal financial background he wouldn't have stayed.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
FWIW Mel Kiper came out with his top 25. 6 Alabama players made his list

1. Jeudy
4. Tua (1st QB)
11. Diggs
15. Moses
22. Ruggs
25. Lewis

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.