Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
The problem is that Bama's season doesn't start until December. There's not going to be a revenge tour - they beat every SEC team they played in 2018.

In 2019 it's beat Clemson and win the title or bust. Anything less will be a disappointment.

You’re absolutely right.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have no clue about that. I know going from some of CNS's sideline reactions when Tua held the ball too long indicates he was at least told. I can recall times when Tua held the ball too long, was pressured and the limitation of the ankle came into play. Resulting in CNS having a nuclear melt down on the sideline screaming "THROW THE BALL AWAY!!!!".
You don't tell players how to play. You train, and train, and train. You have to train bad habits out of players.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well unfortunately, you don't have time in practices to train how to play when you get injured. You just do it. So I don't know.
What's done is done. Let's hope that he has been properly trained now. The road to #18 stands in front of him.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
FWIW Todd McShay did his first mock for 2020 and had 7 Bama guys in the 1st round.

1. Tua - Dolphins
2. Jeudy - Cardinals
10. Terrell Lewis - Bills
14. Raekwon - Vikings
22. Ruggs - Colts
24. Leatherwood - Cowboys
25. Diggs - Eagles
And that's missing Najee, Devonta, Moses or Jennings..... geez.... that's some crazy stuff right there!

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Jennings probably has the best chance out of all those to get a 1st round pick, but I doubt any of them get it.
I've seen 3 mock drafts today -- all had Najee and Moses. I even saw one with McKinney and Shy.....

That means at least 13 guys that someone is saying is a first round pick next year.

I get that anyone can do a mock -- but still, these are sites like ESPN, Walterfootball, USAToday, etc.

We are loaded....and I would love it if we set some all-time records this year on a way to an undefeated season --

I will actually be pulling for Clemson this year all the way to the Championship Game.......just for the chance to make it right!

RTR!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've seen 3 mock drafts today -- all had Najee and Moses. I even saw one with McKinney and Shy.....

That means at least 13 guys that someone is saying is a first round pick next year.

I get that anyone can do a mock -- but still, these are sites like ESPN, Walterfootball, USAToday, etc.

We are loaded....and I would love it if we set some all-time records this year on a way to an undefeated season --

I will actually be pulling for Clemson this year all the way to the Championship Game.......just for the chance to make it right!

RTR!
Yeah and how many had Thompson and Mack in the 1st 2 rounds? I say the sure two that will not be in the 1st round is Najee and Moses. Moses's coverage is just not on par with what the NFL wants, and Najee has Bo Scarbourough type issues in that sometimes he looks like an elite runningback but then there are those times when he is caught doing too much or too little. If either of those two get to the 1st round I would be SHOCKED.

Jennings probably has the ability to move up with a pretty solid year, but also take into account that there are only 32 picks in the 1st round. Even expecting 4 players going seems unrealistic. If I was to say the for sure 1st rounders it would be Tua, Lewis (if healthy), and Juedy. Diggs would probably be the 4th.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Moses could be a 1st rounder, but he will have to really step up his game. He has the talent. I am not sure that he will get the coaching at his position.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

RTR!
The 2004 Miami team holds the record for 1st rounders at 6. I think we get that record. Bama/SEC all time number of players drafted is 12 which happened in 2018. We will beat that record. The 2004 Ohio State team holds the modern day record with 14 that we have a shot at. B1G will like this stat.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Moses could be a 1st rounder, but he will have to really step up his game. He has the talent. I am not sure that he will get the coaching at his position.
Unless he learns how to cover I think we are looking at a 3rd round pick. The NFL is a passing league, and if you cant cover then you aren't going 1st day if you are on defense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Unless he learns how to cover I think we are looking at a 3rd round pick. The NFL is a passing league, and if you cant cover then you aren't going 1st day if you are on defense.
He did just fine in coverage in his limited opportunities as a true freshman. Last year both ILBs went backward.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Yeah and how many had Thompson and Mack in the 1st 2 rounds? I say the sure two that will not be in the 1st round is Najee and Moses. Moses's coverage is just not on par with what the NFL wants, and Najee has Bo Scarbourough type issues in that sometimes he looks like an elite runningback but then there are those times when he is caught doing too much or too little. If either of those two get to the 1st round I would be SHOCKED.

Jennings probably has the ability to move up with a pretty solid year, but also take into account that there are only 32 picks in the 1st round. Even expecting 4 players going seems unrealistic. If I was to say the for sure 1st rounders it would be Tua, Lewis (if healthy), and Juedy. Diggs would probably be the 4th.
You may be the 3rd most negative person I know, lol.....at times it's almost funny

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You may be the 3rd most realistic thinking person I know, lol..... it's very educational
FIFY ;)

But In all seriousness I don't think I could take top 5 even for this site, especially when I'm not even when I'm not in the Top 3 on this very thread...

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I expect 4 players to be 1st rounders: Tua, Jeudy, Lewis, and Davis. Maybe Ruggs gets in there too. I'm not sure about Najee or Moses.
Yeah, running backs going in the first round isn't what it used to be. Najee would have to have a monster year to get into the 1st round. Jacobs went in the first because he fits more of the mold of what NFL teams are looking for in a RB.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
All he has to do is have similar numbers to previous MIKE players.. with exception of Mack Wilson... and he will be a 1st- early 2nd round pick.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'll probably be wrong about this but

Players I'm pretty confident will go round 1...

Jeudy
Tua

Players I think have really good shots to go round 1 IF they have big years/stay healthy. Based on athleticism and potential...

Ruggs
Davis
Lewis
Leatherwood
Diggs
Moses

Then guys who I think could be 2nd-3rd rounders with an outside shot of a being a 1st. Some of these guys might come back...

Jennings
Wills
McKinney
Carter
Najee

And then 2 sleeper guys who with big years have a chance of really moving up based on talent. Though both I think will come back

Brian Robinson
DeVonta Smith

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Any way you slice it this team is possibly the most talented team ever assembled in college football(think BIG said this earlier). It's definitely up there at least.

Thats both really exciting and also a heck of a lot to live up to.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I expect 4 players to be 1st rounders: Tua, Jeudy, Lewis, and Davis. Maybe Ruggs gets in there too. I'm not sure about Najee or Moses.
Ruggs will be a 1st round pick with his speed, great hands, physicality and he is a good kid. The NFL folks will love him. Agreed on Najee and Moses.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.