has anyone used "simplisafe" home security?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
we need to update our home security system and i found the simplisafe system while looking around. it looks like it would work well for our house/setup.

does anyone have any experience with this system? we have an old system that is hard-wired through the house that has finally crapped out.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
we need to update our home security system and i found the simplisafe system while looking around. it looks like it would work well for our house/setup.

does anyone have any experience with this system? we have an old system that is hard-wired through the house that has finally crapped out.
We have a modern wireless system installed at the farm house which is deserted most of the time. It performs very well but is expensive. Simplisafe has the same wireless technology in terms of motion detectors, glass breaks, door and smoke alarms. The only concern I have about any cellular based system is its communication with the cell tower. At the farm house we have excellent cellular reception but the original control panel could not pick up the signal within the brick walls and required changing to a high end/expensive control panel. That and inertia are the only factors that have prevented me from installing Simplisafe.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
We have a modern wireless system installed at the farm house which is deserted most of the time. It performs very well but is expensive. Simplisafe has the same wireless technology in terms of motion detectors, glass breaks, door and smoke alarms. The only concern I have about any cellular based system is its communication with the cell tower. At the farm house we have excellent cellular reception but the original control panel could not pick up the signal within the brick walls and required changing to a high end/expensive control panel. That and inertia are the only factors that have prevented me from installing Simplisafe.
thanks. our old one was retrofit with a cellular system once we took out our landline so that won't be an issue for us.

i think my biggest challenge will be removing the old system once i get a new one installed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.