Is this the year Ben Davis “breaks out?”

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
We're all pulling for Ben to see the field this year, even if it's mop-up duty, I just have that feeling we're going to see us blow out a lottttt of teams this year & we will see lots of players get snaps who wouldn't ordinarily get snaps in tight games..

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ben Davis was injured during the Spring, but could this be the year he sees the field a lot and has a significant role?
Oh, I don't know. They do inmate checks pretty regularly although if he can put up a poster on a wall and dig a tunnel, I'm sure he can get out.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Fourth year junior, missed spring practice with shin splints. Has never made a meaningful contribution, not even on special teams, never mind the fact that the last two years have seen devastating LB injuries. Even with multi-multiple opportunities, still couldn't crack meaningful playing time, let alone the 2-deep rotation. Not likely to change at this point.

But I hear this kid Duron Carter is the real deal.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Fourth year junior, missed spring practice with shin splints. Has never made a meaningful contribution, not even on special teams, never mind the fact that the last two years have seen devastating LB injuries. Even with multi-multiple opportunities, still couldn't crack meaningful playing time, let alone the 2-deep rotation. Not likely to change at this point.

The truth is so dank in this comment that my eyes are watering. It stings and hurts but there's no indicator that things will change.

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018
i just would like to know, what happened? I remember when he came in with mack wilson, now mack is in the nfl and ben hasn't seen the field, i just don't get it. I feel for the kid.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

He'll never beat out Titus Ryan for playing time......

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
i just would like to know, what happened? I remember when he came in with mack wilson, now mack is in the nfl and ben hasn't seen the field, i just don't get it. I feel for the kid.
Been said before, but I think ben's problem was he came from a small classification school (3a or 4a). He was a stud in hs...just so much more physically dominant that success came easy..."big fish in small pond". I just don't think it prepared him for competition at the Capstone.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I like it! Actually the Rhein Fire franchise resurrected the name of the former Birmingham Fire team which was active during the 1991-1992 WLAF seasons. I was born and raised in Birmingham before spending 30 years in the Marine Corps. I’ve never been to Düsseldorf but will need to make the trip from Stuttgart this year!
Since we're doing random trivia, the Rhein Fire cheerleaders still actually exist.

Also, Oliver Luck (Andrew Luck's father) was GM and then president of the Rhein Fire. He will be the XFL's commissioner.

What were we talking about again?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Since we're doing random trivia, the Rhein Fire cheerleaders still actually exist.

Also, Oliver Luck (Andrew Luck's father) was GM and then president of the Rhein Fire. He will be the XFL's commissioner.

What were we talking about again?

Is this the year Ben Davis “breaks out?”

Sorry ... you know I had to keep this one going :)

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I think Ben will see playing time, on a limb to say later in the year significant contribution, of anything at least special teams. I base that on the idea that I Think there has to be a reason he hasn’t transferred.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Didn’t Ben play HS ball in Pickens county? If so, he likely never faced a high level of competition before he set foot on campus. He’s a big fish from a small pond.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think Ben will see playing time, on a limb to say later in the year significant contribution, of anything at least special teams. I base that on the idea that I Think there has to be a reason he hasn’t transferred.
Perhaps some guys are happy just to be part of a team and all that goes with that?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Didn’t Ben play HS ball in Pickens county? If so, he likely never faced a high level of competition before he set foot on campus. He’s a big fish from a small pond.
I think he played for Gordo high school which is in Pickens county. I am not sure if their classification but it wasn’t 5a-7a football. They used to play bigger teams and did very well back in the day but I haven’t kept up with them in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.