Wake forest extends football coach in 8-year deal - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Wake forest extends football coach in 8-year deal

Frankly, I get it. Wake is a private school in the ACC with a limited football history (only two conference championships). They have a coach that has taken them to three straight bowl games. He inherited a team that had not had a winning record since 2008 and then in three years had them winning each year and winning all their bowl games. For a school like Wake, that is a smart deal to lock him in, much like Duke did with Cutcliffe.

BamaNation Second Team

Re: Wake forest extends football coach in 8-year deal

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Yes and they made a BCS bowl. I believe the Orange Bowl, as winners of the ACC. Jim Grobe was their HC. Some will recall he was mentioned in relation to Alabama's job around the fRAN departure, I think.
    I attended that game. Against Louisville. I am a Wake alum (undergraduate and master's) and felt that would be the last time in my life that I would be able to see Wake Forest in a major bowl. I was right. Glad I went.

Actually, as a fan I had a pretty good year. Alabama made the championship game, and Virginia (where I got my Ph.D.) won the national basketball championship. Came that close to winning the both