Link: Jarrett Stidham Hurt His Stock at Auburn - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Jarrett Stidham Hurt His Stock at Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    So the question is: Do they have all three of those components this year?
    i heard they have at least 7 heisman hopefuls reporting to practice this summer.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    The problem was that Stidham is nowhere the athlete that $Cam or Marshall was they also had by far much better O-Lines protecting them. He caught Alabama in a bad night in ‘17 but look at what happened to him in ‘18.
    I may get blasted for posting this, but I think AJ McCarron is a fair comparison to Stidham.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

Jarrett Stidham Hurt His Stock at Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    I may get blasted for posting this, but I think AJ McCarron is a fair comparison to Stidham.
    AJ had little to no mobility. I spent all of 2014 watching Blake Sims and his running ability to make a first down saying “AJ probably would have taken that sack”. I always thought AJ was more like a Ken Dorsey that weighed 25lbs more.

BamaNation Second Team

I think Stidham has a better arm than AJ. He could have been 2nd QB drafted had he been in pro-style offensive system

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rtr90 View Post
    I think Stidham has a better arm than AJ. He could have been 2nd QB drafted had he been in pro-style offensive system
    i think he's a better overall athlete than AJ but i think their games are pretty similar.

and as thrilling and talented as Tua is and as dynamic as Jalen and Sims were, i still think AJ is the perfect QB for Saban.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/au...ardi-train-qb/

“That offense at Auburn, I’m not sure what the hell it is,” Lombardi said. “They run power, they run unbalanced… But anyway, that offense, seriously, might be one of the worst offenses in football, so you can’t evaluate a quarterback in it or they can’t train a quarterback, that’s the other thing. (Gus Malzahn) can’t train them.”

The cat is finally of the bag!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wait. He's an offensive genius. Right?

Seriously though, it seems his offense does much better when he gets a bad QB (one that has no shot in the pros at that position) who can run. Stidham may do good in the pros but he was a terrible match for Malzahn.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

i think he's a better overall athlete than AJ but i think their games are pretty similar.

and as thrilling and talented as Tua is and as dynamic as Jalen and Sims were, i still think AJ is the perfect QB for Saban.
    It's not popular to say that here but methinks you are 100% correct.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

AJ was a good QB on a couple of great teams. I agree with your thoughts on AJ being a perfect fit for a CNS offense.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    AJ was a good QB on a couple of great teams. I agree with your thoughts on AJ being a perfect fit for a CNS offense.
    Well said. The thing I liked most about AJ was his heart and his leadership.
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    He was better than good, and you don't beat the 2011 LSU team with a guy like Stidham. AJ made NFL passes against an NFL defense in that game. He was dropping dimes while passing to very average receivers against some DBs still playing in the NFL.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    He was better than good, and you don't beat the 2011 LSU team with a guy like Stidham. AJ made NFL passes against an NFL defense in that game. He was dropping dimes while passing to very average receivers against some DBs still playing in the NFL.
    Yet stidham will probably finish his career with more NFL starts than AJ just by being in the McDaniels/Brady system.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Yet stidham will probably finish his career with more NFL starts than AJ just by being in the McDaniels/Brady system.
    AJ never got a real chance in the NFL. Still, I don't feel bad for him. He has made more money than I will in my lifetime, and I am doing fairly well.

I read part of some article the other day where the author had CGM listed as 6th best HC active today. Naturally, I didn't finish the article...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis