Link: Jarrett Stidham Hurt His Stock at Auburn

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You know more about the NFL than me, but I'd be pretty shocked if they don't draft another qb or two whenever Brady decides to hang it up.

I know that got him in a similar arrangement as they drafted Stidham, but I gotta think Brady turning out the way he did is not your typical "how to draft a hall of fame QB" move.
There is a big difference between #199 and #133. Stidham is expected to be a realistic NFL prospect, Brady wasn’t. Brady probably wouldn’t have been who he is without Bledsoe getting hurt. AJ more mirrors Brady’s situation. Sure Round 4 doesn’t seem high until you factor in the money and commitment a team has to that pick. 5th round and beyond are folks that have to bust their butts just to make a practice squad to live beyond an initial agreement. So stidham is a lot different financial and rank situation than Brady was in 2000.

I’m not willing to take a bet on who takes Brady’s spot when he hangs it up because there are so many variables, but I know it won’t be Hoyer. Brady probably has 2 years, 3 years at the max, but those years aren’t guaranteed with the Patriots. How Brady’s contract is now means the Patriots and Brady can part ways after each season. Right now Stidham is in the best position, but even if it isn’t him he will be a valuable trade piece because of who he is backing up and the fact the Patriots took him in a guaranteed money round. Pretty much everyone who has been behind Brady and looked good on film has got a starting job somewhere

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Bradys days are numbered. Anyone in their mid forties-plus knows what im talking about.

With a vengeance.
The problem is that many folks in their forties don’t obsess about health like Brady. The guy is scared of strawberries and tomatoes because he thinks it would mess up his blood. Brady and his wife aren’t your typical 42 year old who their glory days are a distant memory and all they have are kids, bills, and aches. Brady is a 42 year old in a 35 year old body.

Eventually Father Time or Gisele will humble him, but I don’t doubt barring a catastrophic injury that he at least gets to 44.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The problem is that many folks in their forties don’t obsess about health like Brady. The guy is scared of strawberries and tomatoes because he thinks it would mess up his blood. Brady and his wife aren’t your typical 42 year old who their glory days are a distant memory and all they have are kids, bills, and aches. Brady is a 42 year old in a 35 year old body.

Eventually Father Time or Gisele will humble him, but I don’t doubt barring a catastrophic injury that he at least gets to 44.
HGH

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Everyone does it in the NFL who has made it to 10 years or has had a bad injury. Does anyone really believe that Peyton could play in his late 30’s and break every passing record after being 1 year removed from a serious neck injury?

The difference with Brady is that his play hasn’t seen a massive decline like we saw with Peyton and Favre. HGH can only help so much otherwise we would see far more folks realistically shooting for 45.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
IDK, but if Brady's o-line can protect him like they were protecting Stidham in that short video he might make it to 50.

But every time I watch the Pats and Brady "scrambles" (if you can really call him running "scrambling") I hold my breath for fear he'll get broken in two.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
6th best? In the state?
6th best active HC in SEC West - and even that's a stretch.

Saw more out of Stidham in one play progression than in his "career" at All Bran. Saw the QB All Bran thought they were getting until Goose-tav out-thunk himself as always offensively...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
IDK, but if Brady's o-line can protect him like they were protecting Stidham in that short video he might make it to 50.

But every time I watch the Pats and Brady "scrambles" (if you can really call him running "scrambling") I hold my breath for fear he'll get broken in two.
I think he gets this year and maybe this year with the Patriots, but in all likliehood age 45 with the Patriots is not guarenteed. If Belichick was in charge then he probably wouldve traded Brady by now, but he isnt. Right now the Patriots resemble more of Alabama 2011 in which the quarterback just hands the ball off and occasionally makes a pass. I would say Brady is probably the #6 player in terms of importance that they cant lose behind #1 Donta, #2 michel,#3 edelman, #4 Andrews, and #5 Devin Mccourty. Pretty much he is more expendable than he was 2-4 years ago, and if Belichick ever has some serious pull on the situation or they start regressing because he became your average game manager then he is likely not hitting 45 with Pats.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Everyone does it in the NFL who has made it to 10 years or has had a bad injury. Does anyone really believe that Peyton could play in his late 30’s and break every passing record after being 1 year removed from a serious neck injury?

The difference with Brady is that his play hasn’t seen a massive decline like we saw with Peyton and Favre. HGH can only help so much otherwise we would see far more folks realistically shooting for 45.
You can add Drew Brees to that statement and Drew has said recently he thinks he will play until he is 45.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
FIFY

You can add Drew Brees to that statement and Drew, whose failed physical for the Miami Dolphins 12 years ago was administered by the REC, has said recently he thinks he will play until he is 45 - and that he really, really would have liked to play for Dolphins coach Nick Saban.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.