China putting minority Muslims in 'concentration camps,' U.S. says

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The comments by Randall Schriver, who leads Asia policy at the U.S. Defense Department, are likely to increase tension with Beijing, which is sensitive to international criticism and describes the sites as vocational education training centers aimed at stemming the threat of Islamic extremism.

Former detainees have described to Reuters being tortured during interrogation at the camps, living in crowded cells and being subjected to a brutal daily regimen of party indoctrination that drove some people to suicide.

Some of the sprawling facilities are ringed with razor wire and watch towers.

“The (Chinese) Communist Party is using the security forces for mass imprisonment of Chinese Muslims in concentration camps,” Schriver told a Pentagon briefing during a broader discussion about China’s military, estimating that the number of detained Muslims could be “closer to 3 million citizens.”
China putting minority Muslims in 'concentration camps,' U.S. says

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This is pretty awful but we're not exactly the shining beacon on the hill on this front right now honestly. :/

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Perhaps we can send Steven Miller over there for a fact finding tour. If it works on Muslims, he can use it on brown-skinned children. Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I was reading/watching some videos about this the other day. It's pretty awful. Apparently they are also harassing some of these people who have fled to the US.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Urumqi, the city of controversy, is at the geographic center of Asia. According to the 2010 census, the city population is a little over three million, 75% Han and 12.5% Uighur.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I'm certainly not for putting people in concentration camps and such, but don't you think it's kind of prudent to know who is in your country and who is trying to get in? Don't you think we need to be a little selective about who we let in?
I'm all for helping people as long as they are willing to help themselves and assimilate into our society and culture and not force theirs upon us. With few exceptions, if you're gonna come here you need to have a working knowledge and use of the ENGLISH language. When you go to other countries you either have a little knowledge of their language or you flounder and drown.
You think immigration is bad here? try getting caught in a lot of other countries around this world as an illegal and see what happens. Get caught by Mexican authorities (for example) and see how well you fare in their system

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm certainly not for putting people in concentration camps and such, but don't you think it's kind of prudent to know who is in your country and who is trying to get in? Don't you think we need to be a little selective about who we let in?
I'm all for helping people as long as they are willing to help themselves and assimilate into our society and culture and not force theirs upon us. With few exceptions, if you're gonna come here you need to have a working knowledge and use of the ENGLISH language. When you go to other countries you either have a little knowledge of their language or you flounder and drown.
You think immigration is bad here? try getting caught in a lot of other countries around this world as an illegal and see what happens. Get caught by Mexican authorities (for example) and see how well you fare in their system
I'm not following you at all. What does this have to do with the thread topic?

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
i think it is an analysis of the price in beans in china
Yes twisting on a pin head to justify excluding brown people who only want to work for minimum wage to pick fruit, mow grass or clean dishes without observing that those who come in for nefarious reasons fly in with visas speaking perfect English then overstay by the thousands. If someone is really interested in internal security improving the visa system would be a good first step but that would be the proverbial closing the barn door.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i think it is an analysis of the price in beans in china
Well, it's just not that it's confused, it's wrong on the facts. He's unaware that it's the Han Chinese who invaded Sinkiang, just like they did Tibet. The Uighurs are the aboriginal, native population. The "English" analogy also falls flat on its face, since you can travel the world with only English. And apparently he's perfectly happy with the Chinese campaign to put a camera on every last single person in the country...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well, it's just not that it's confused, it's wrong on the facts. He's unaware that it's the Han Chinese who invaded Sinkiang, just like they did Tibet. The Uighurs are the aboriginal, native population. The "English" analogy also falls flat on its face, since you can travel the world with only English. And apparently he's perfectly happy with the Chinese campaign to put a camera on every last single person in the country...
details don't matter to the gop.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.