Alabama: Latest Bama News 5/6/2019 Thru 5/12/2019

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I fundamentally disagree with this article.

If the best reasoning the author can muster is that we would have been better off without Jalen in 2018 because Mac Jones performs well in A-Day games, he needs to re-examine his thesis.
I agree with you. Going into the season I agreed with that thought process. The GA game proved that he was a critical member of that team.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
I disagreed with the title, and his fundamental rai-son d'etre. It is to complected a subject to be done in one piece, by a legend in his own mind. I passed on several of his pieces during the season. I posted this piece, against my best judgement, but alas, 'tis the off season, and I succumbed, as the current Bama news is hard to find. But it did get some attention, which is somewhat unusual at this time of year in the Latest Bama News thread. I will continue to monitor his stuff, this barely made the cut. And BTW, I've got my eye on goodman, of al.com.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I disagreed with the title, and his fundamental rai-son d'etre. It is to complected a subject to be done in one piece, by a legend in his own mind. I passed on several of his pieces during the season. I posted this piece, against my best judgement, but alas, 'tis the off season, and I succumbed, as the current Bama news is hard to find. But it did get some attention, which is somewhat unusual at this time of year in the Latest Bama News thread. I will continue to monitor his stuff, this barely made the cut. And BTW, I've got my eye on goodman, of al.com.
A lot of writers have huge egos. Never understood why that is, but it's so pervasive that I've quit expending stomach acid on the question.

Please don't quit posting links to opinions just because they aren't popular. The fact that a lot of people might not see things the author's way doesn't mean we don't want opposing views. Point being, while I didn't agree with the article, and thought it was poorly-reasoned, I appreciated the mental challenge. Reasoned discussion is the foundation of TF. If we get only the information we already agree with, we become an echo chamber like ITAT.

Regarding Goodman, I agree with you. He's beginning to remind me of a slightly less bombastic version of Dan LeBatard, Colin Cowherd and Joe Klatt. Just puts forward outlying positions for the initial hoo-rah, and relies on the gnat-like attention span of the general public. If events don't bear him out (which is most of the time), he knows they'll have forgotten pretty much anything he says. So he gets what is in his mind the best of both worlds -- attention without accountability.

But Lord help us if he ever gets one of those unfounded predictions right. He'll trumpet that from the highest mountaintop for all eternity. He makes Kevin Scarbinsky look measured and reasoned.

I've quit reading him, and life is that much more peaceful.

Last edited:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
A lot of writers have huge egos. Never understood why that is, but it's so pervasive that I've quit expending stomach acid on the question.

Please don't quit posting links to opinions just because they aren't popular. The fact that a lot of people might not see things the author's way doesn't mean we don't want opposing views. Point being, while I didn't agree with the article, and thought it was poorly-reasoned, I appreciated the mental challenge. Reasoned discussion is the foundation of TF. If we get only the information we already agree with, we become an echo chamber like ITAT.

Regarding Goodman, I agree with you. He's beginning to remind me of a slightly less bombastic version of Dan LeBatard, Colin Cowherd and Joe Klatt. Just puts forward outlying positions for the initial hoo-rah, and relies on the gnat-like attention span of the general public. If events don't bear him out (which is most of the time), he knows they'll have forgotten pretty much anything he says. So he gets what is in his mind the best of both worlds -- attention without accountability.

But Lord help us if he ever gets one of those unfounded predictions right. He'll trumpet that from the highest mountaintop for all eternity. He makes Kevin Scarbinsky look measured and reasoned.

I've quit reading him, and life is that much more peaceful.
Noted, with agreement. RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.