Jonathan Allen: "I still hate Clemson" - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    FB|BB Moderator

Re: Jonathan Allen: "I still hate Clemson"

I don't have anything against Clemson. Dabo has done a great job.

Due to the weaknesses of the ACC, they do have an easier road to a National Championship than we do, but that's not their fault.

The first loss, they did it with defense. They kept our O on the sidelines for about 40 minutes, and finally wore our D down. This last one was just a country-boy whipping on both sides of the ball. Nothing else to be said.

Met several of their fans over the course of three games -- Phoenix, New Orleans and Tampa. Most were gracious and humble in victory, even after their first win. Only a smattering of obnoxious ones, about the same proportion that every fanbase has.

If you're going to be the best, you have to beat the best. For a long time, it was unanimous that the best was us. I think we still are, but in the aftermath of the butt-kicking in Santa Clara, that assessment is no longer unanimous.

So it's now up to us to prove we are in fact still the best program in college football. I have no problem with that.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

You can hate and respect at the same time.

I know I hated to see how things were going as the season wore down last year. They had the revenge angle going for them. They did in 2016 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I love him. So glad the Redskins got him. Local guy too.
    Jon has a state championship and a national championship. Could the super bowl be next?

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    I don't have anything against Clemson. Dabo has done a great job.

Due to the weaknesses of the ACC, they do have an easier road to a National Championship than we do, but that's not their fault.

The first loss, they did it with defense. They kept our O on the sidelines for about 40 minutes, and finally wore our D down. This last one was just a country-boy whipping on both sides of the ball. Nothing else to be said.

Met several of their fans over the course of three games -- Phoenix, New Orleans and Tampa. Most were gracious and humble in victory, even after their first win. Only a smattering of obnoxious ones, about the same proportion that every fanbase has.

If you're going to be the best, you have to beat the best. For a long time, it was unanimous that the best was us. I think we still are, but in the aftermath of the butt-kicking in Santa Clara, that assessment is no longer unanimous.

So it's now up to us to prove we are in fact still the best program in college football. I have no problem with that.
    I don't disagree with this. My dislike of Clemson is based on the same things that have Alabama hated - they are very good, and they beat my teams. So I respect them, but I still hate them.

Not to be compared with my feelings for UM or TN, neither of which do I respect, and both of which I would love to see lose every game from here to eternity.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonTheory's Avatar

I "nothing" them. they are just another team/school.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

Poor Duke...

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by dvil doc View Post
    Jon has a state championship and a national championship. Could the super bowl be next?
    Probably not but one can dream. Maybe if Haskins really is a future star or at least a future top 10 QB. The defense should be pretty nasty this year with the additions Landon Collins and Reuben (assuming he stays out of trouble)

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I don't disagree with this. My dislike of Clemson is based on the same things that have Alabama hated - they are very good, and they beat my teams. So I respect them, but I still hate them.

Not to be compared with my feelings for UM or TN, neither of which do I respect, and both of which I would love to see lose every game from here to eternity.
    Agreed with this. Basically how i feel about Clemson. It was easier for me when they had Watson because I liked him and because we didn't have a QB competing for a Heisman with him like we do now between Tua vs Lawrence.

No hate from me, I like the competition. They are one of the few teams that have been able to match Bama athlete for athlete the last several years and I can certainly respect them for that. Last year was just a bad game for Bama it wasn't our night it happens. The same can be said the year before from them, Bama dominated that game throughout and Clemson had no answer. The first two were both classics with each team winning one. I certainly hope we have round 5 with them this season.

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar

I don't really hate Clemson, and regardless of how or why they beat Alabama twice in the last four years, their play should garner some respect. They didn't handle being the hunted in the Sugar Bowl very well, and we'll see how they fare without their NFL-caliber defensive line this year. That isn't to say that the current replacements aren't NFL-caliber, but no one really knows.

They beat Alabama this year; that does not mean they'll beat Alabama this upcoming season should they play each other in the playoff.
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

I’ve got Clemson fatigue. I was watching the Phillies and Cardinals Monday night and there was Dabo. I’m Clemsoned out.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post
    No hate from me, I like the competition. They are one of the few teams that have been able to match Bama athlete for athlete the last several years and I can certainly respect them for that. Last year was just a bad game for Bama it wasn't our night it happens. The same can be said the year before from them, Bama dominated that game throughout and Clemson had no answer. The first two were both classics with each team winning one. I certainly hope we have round 5 with them this season.
    I feel exactly the same way about Clemson. I don't like Clemson, but I certainly don't hate them and I really respect their program and what they've done.

The only thing negative I really have to say about Clemson is that I do think they have a distinct advantage given the conference that they play in. There are a couple of ACC teams that can rise-up and give them fits from time-to-time, but there is no team that currently has the coaching, player personnel and infrastructure in place to truly challenge them every year like we have with Georgia and then with Florida, A&M, Auburn and LSU not too far behind.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Just saw a picture on Facebook where rapper Drake was posing with Dabo. Clempson is doomed.

I don't hate Clemson, but I am not happy with where they are as a program compared to Bama.

Right now they're the clear #1 program. Now and for the foreseeable future.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.