Jonathan Allen: "I still hate Clemson" - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Jonathan Allen: "I still hate Clemson"

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Florida won titles with two different qbs as well.
    I guess... though Tebow was quite the force on that 2006 team. They may not have won the title that year without him.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Florida played much tougher regular season schedules during their 4 year span.

BamaNation All-American

The good news is that in all likelihood Alabama and Clemson part V is coming.

Unless Georgia or some random Clemson losses ruin it.

Good lord I knew I loved him...honesty is the best policy lol

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post

Florida was good, but you don't fail to win 10 games 2 times in 4 years and get called a dynasty. Plus Florida had Tebow. Clemson has won titles with 2 different QBs.

That's what makes Saban's run the most impressive - he's doing it with so many different guys at QB.
    At this point, looks like having Tebow was more of a handicap. D Watson is the better deal, handsdown.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Florida played much tougher regular season schedules during their 4 year span.
    Exaccctly.. Clemson still doesn't even sniff the same caliber competition. To their credit, it's not clemson's fault. Lets swap USCe for Clemson. See how they do then?
    Last edited by dWarriors88; May 9th, 2019 at 12:50 PM.
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

BamaNation Third Team

"To me all of that is no more predictive of the future than the semi-final beat down of Clemson the previous year."

With Kelly Bryant at QB, there was zero
    threat of a long pass.

It's why he lost his job early in the 2018 season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FairlyAmazing View Post
    "To me all of that is no more predictive of the future than the semi-final beat down of Clemson the previous year."

With Kelly Bryant at QB, there was zero
    threat of a long pass.

It's why he lost his job early in the 2018 season.
    The overall point remains. Clemson got better the next season. Just as we will in 2019.

On a Bama board? Nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by FairlyAmazing View Post
    Those types exist with every fan base.

You haven't lived until you experience a USc/Alabama fan.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

I don't hate Clemson.... I only hate losing to them.

But look let's give credit where it's due.

We've met 4 straight times in the CFP's and the record for each team is 2-2 and both teams have won 2 NC's. 2 games have been close and two haven't.

In my book "Right Now" Our program and theirs are on pretty much equal footing at the Top of CFB.

If pressed for a hard answer as to who's "#1"..... going into this season?..... of course it's Clemson.

They have won 2 out of 3 NC's and will be the defending Champs and they just completely dismantled us for all to see.

But I'll also say this..... every time talk starts up about Alabama and CNS's Dynasty being dead and over.....it gets squashed by us winning another National Championship.

This year *should* be like 2017 in a way. Clemson will be the hunted with the target on their backs and Alabama will be the hunter.

If both teams stay healthy and on course I really think we see Round V in the CFPNCG and this time I'm expecting a War that comes down to the final quarter if not minutes.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    On a Bama board? Nice...

I read one Clemson board. It's filled with some level headed posters and a bunch of delusional posters. I think I have 11 posts in my 8 years there.

I graduated Clemson in 1973, but began attending football games in 1956...............so I didn't just jump on the bandwagon.

To me, this board allows me to get a feel for what Bama fans/supporters think.

In my opinion, the instigators in most college football arguments are the yappers on ESPN. They get on some stupid point and beat it to death......regardless of whether the point makes sense.

Bama has been pretty much atop the college football world for quite a while now. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I don't hate Clemson.... I only hate losing to them.

But look let's give credit where it's due.

We've met 4 straight times in the CFP's and the record for each team is 2-2 and both teams have won 2 NC's. 2 games have been close and two haven't.

In my book "Right Now" Our program and theirs are on pretty much equal footing at the Top of CFB.

If pressed for a hard answer as to who's "#1"..... going into this season?..... of course it's Clemson.

They have won 2 out of 3 NC's and will be the defending Champs and they just completely dismantled us for all to see.

But I'll also say this..... every time talk starts up about Alabama and CNS's Dynasty being dead and over.....it gets squashed by us winning another National Championship.

This year *should* be like 2017 in a way. Clemson will be the hunted with the target on their backs and Alabama will be the hunter.

If both teams stay healthy and on course I really think we see Round V in the CFPNCG and this time I'm expecting a War that comes down to the final quarter if not minutes.
    We must beat Auburn in Auburn. Thatís been far from automatic under Saban.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    I don't hate Clemson, but I am not happy with where they are as a program compared to Bama.

Right now they're the clear #1 program. Now and for the foreseeable future.

The crown of "#1 program" is as longstanding as the current "highest paid {insert a professional sports contract}" Give it several months and they are no longer the highest paid. Someone else is. If Clemson doesn't win the national title again then they are no longer the top program. Doubly so if we win it. Clemson is losing a defensive front that I highly doubt Dabo will see again in the foreseeable future. I still to this day wonder how he convinced that entire group to come back last year. If attrition is able to catch up with our program, who is arguable on the greatest run in college football history. Then it's right around the corner from Clemson. We were able to fight it off for a long time but ultimately, it got us. My prediction is it will be knocking at Dabo's door this season. Yes, they play in a weak conference, but they are still playing against FBS level athletes and they will not have the luxury of having that defensive front to lock down the opposing offense while their offense figures it out, recovers from injury or whatever.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Yes, they play in a weak conference, but they are still playing against FBS level athletes and they will not have the luxury of having that defensive front to lock down the opposing offense while their offense figures it out, recovers from injury or whatever.
    Unless they have a string of injuries I don't see them losing a game until the playoffs. Their offense has it figured out. They return everyone of note at the skill positions and have the same coaches as before. Not many kinks to work out.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.