Jonathan Allen: "I still hate Clemson"

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
No hate from me, I like the competition. They are one of the few teams that have been able to match Bama athlete for athlete the last several years and I can certainly respect them for that. Last year was just a bad game for Bama it wasn't our night it happens. The same can be said the year before from them, Bama dominated that game throughout and Clemson had no answer. The first two were both classics with each team winning one. I certainly hope we have round 5 with them this season.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I don't really hate Clemson, and regardless of how or why they beat Alabama twice in the last four years, their play should garner some respect. They didn't handle being the hunted in the Sugar Bowl very well, and we'll see how they fare without their NFL-caliber defensive line this year. That isn't to say that the current replacements aren't NFL-caliber, but no one really knows.

They beat Alabama this year; that does not mean they'll beat Alabama this upcoming season should they play each other in the playoff.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I’ve got Clemson fatigue. I was watching the Phillies and Cardinals Monday night and there was Dabo. I’m Clemsoned out.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
No hate from me, I like the competition. They are one of the few teams that have been able to match Bama athlete for athlete the last several years and I can certainly respect them for that. Last year was just a bad game for Bama it wasn't our night it happens. The same can be said the year before from them, Bama dominated that game throughout and Clemson had no answer. The first two were both classics with each team winning one. I certainly hope we have round 5 with them this season.
I feel exactly the same way about Clemson. I don't like Clemson, but I certainly don't hate them and I really respect their program and what they've done.

The only thing negative I really have to say about Clemson is that I do think they have a distinct advantage given the conference that they play in. There are a couple of ACC teams that can rise-up and give them fits from time-to-time, but there is no team that currently has the coaching, player personnel and infrastructure in place to truly challenge them every year like we have with Georgia and then with Florida, A&M, Auburn and LSU not too far behind.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I don't hate Clemson, but I am not happy with where they are as a program compared to Bama.

Right now they're the clear #1 program. Now and for the foreseeable future.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't hate Clemson, but I am not happy with where they are as a program compared to Bama.

There is a serious power struggle in eeyoreland for the Throne.

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Clemson's 2020 class is starting to look intimidating if you haven't seen it yet. I keep thinking Clemson will stop getting these Dline recruits, but they just keep coming. And why in the .. just why. why is Clemson so alluring to these '#1 all time greatest ever' QB recruits every year?? Clemson's suit boys are getting it done rn. We just need to thump them back hard in round 4 -on the field.

edit- I really hate clemson too.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Clear #1? Come on. Yes the last game was a beat down, but reality is we've split the (recent) series with them 2-2 and came within a gnat's eyelash of being 3-1.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Clear #1? Come on. Yes the last game was a beat down, but reality is we've split the (recent) series with them 2-2 and came within a gnat's eyelash of being 3-1.

All due respect, that "*" to the end of your 2-2 sounds pathetic to other fanbases. The resulting outcome doesn't sound any better saying we "almost" won. God I really really really really hate Orange & Tigers

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They're the current national champ. They will be ranked #1 in both the AP and coaches polls later this summer. They have the #1 recruiting class for 2020.
In the short-term they will probably be #1 in someone's eyes at some point in the season, but that was not what you were implying and we both know it. Nice try

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
They're the current national champ. They will be ranked #1 in both the AP and coaches polls later this summer. They have the #1 recruiting class for 2020.
That’s your argument??? Who cares about the AP and coaches poll?

There is a lot of recruiting to be done before the 2020 class is finalized.

We have the GOAT.

We have collectively recruited better than Clemson the past three years.

We have 8 possible first round draft picks playing THIS year.

Are we being trolled?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Clemson's 2020 class is starting to look intimidating if you haven't seen it yet. I keep thinking Clemson will stop getting these Dline recruits, but they just keep coming. And why in the .. just why. why is Clemson so alluring to these '#1 all time greatest ever' QB recruits every year?? Clemson's suit boys are getting it done rn. We just need to thump them back hard in round 4 -on the field.

edit- I really hate clemson too.
First it was Ohio St that was dominating in recruiting ,then Georgia was the new kid on the block, and now its mighty Clemson that has all the studs. All the while , Alabama continues to have great recruiting classes and talented players year after year undeterred . Bama is the only team that has made all 5 Playoff appearances, played in 4 straight NC games, and has won 5 NCs in 10 year span while fending off new usurpers attempting to knock the king of the hill. The thing with great recruiting classes is that you’ll never know how they will pan out 2-3 years down the line. Some wind up transferring if they don’t see the field fast enough ( the transfer portal is making it a lot easier these days) , some become busts, others never developed at the college level, and of course career ending injuries are all factors.

As of right now, Clemson is doing a great job of recruiting and developing these players. Dabo and his staff has proven they can do a better job than Ohio St so far. Kirby has been knocking early and often at the door yet he has failed to lift up that elusive trophy. Let’s see how long they can sustain their new found success.
Alabama under Nick Saban has been going strong for 12 years and counting.

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
First it was Ohio St that was dominating in recruiting ,then Georgia was the new kid on the block, and now its mighty Clemson that has all the studs. All the while , Alabama continues to have great recruiting classes and talented players year after year undeterred . Bama is the only team that has made all 5 Playoffappearances, played in 4 straight NC games, and has won 5 NCs in 10 year span while fendingoff new usurpers attempting to knock the king of the hill. The thing with greatrecruiting classes is that you’ll never know how they will pan out 2-3 yearsdown the line. Some wind up transferring if they don’t see the field fastenough ( the transfer portal is making it a lot easier these days) , somebecome busts, others never developed at the college level, and of course careerending injuries are all factors.

As of right now, Clemson is doing a great job of recruitingand developing these players. Dabo and his staff has proven they can do abetter job than Ohio St so far. Kirby has been knocking early and often at thedoor yet he has failed to lift up that elusive trophy. Let’s see how long theycan sustain their new found success.
Alabama under Nick Saban has been going strong for 12 yearsand counting.
TLDR: We good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.