Jonathan Allen: "I still hate Clemson"

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He has good reason to hate Clemson. Heck, every Alabama fan and player has good reason to hate Clemson.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I think most of us feel a bit of that. We like to hate teams that get in our way. But Bama built Dabo Sweeney has put together one heck of a program that's not going away any time soon. It's become an interesting championship rivalry that makes the game exciting. Bama will just have to be better prepared and do what it takes to win.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I think most of us feel a bit of that. We like to hate teams that get in our way. But Bama built Dabo Sweeney has put together one heck of a program that's not going away any time soon. It's become an interesting championship rivalry that makes the game exciting. Bama will just have to be better prepared and do what it takes to win.
years from now when we look back at the Nick Saban era in Alabama Football, the Clemson series will be widely discuss either with fondness or disdain.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Clemson is in the perfect situation now. Great team, very good coach and lousy conference (but good enough where they won't leave like Miami did from Big East).
agreed. Clemson has every built in advantage right now. They've won 2 of the last 3, play cupcakes ( aside from TAMU and S. Carolina) , FSU and Miami have been big disappointments, and their staff has been in place forever which is unheard of this day and age.

We've had staff turnover after staff turnover which has hurt us to some degree.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Clemson is in the perfect situation now. Great team, very good coach and lousy conference (but good enough where they won't leave like Miami did from Big East).
Got 'em just where we want them. Wish them the best but they are only a thing if make them one. Ain't worried about Clempson. They just better be worried about us if they make it back to the playoff anytime soon.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I hate Auburn, Tennessee, and Notre Dame. I have a healthy respect for Clemson due to their coach and they appear to be a class program similar to us. I look forward to getiing them this year. RTR!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't have anything against Clemson. Dabo has done a great job.

Due to the weaknesses of the ACC, they do have an easier road to a National Championship than we do, but that's not their fault.

The first loss, they did it with defense. They kept our O on the sidelines for about 40 minutes, and finally wore our D down. This last one was just a country-boy whipping on both sides of the ball. Nothing else to be said.

Met several of their fans over the course of three games -- Phoenix, New Orleans and Tampa. Most were gracious and humble in victory, even after their first win. Only a smattering of obnoxious ones, about the same proportion that every fanbase has.

If you're going to be the best, you have to beat the best. For a long time, it was unanimous that the best was us. I think we still are, but in the aftermath of the butt-kicking in Santa Clara, that assessment is no longer unanimous.

So it's now up to us to prove we are in fact still the best program in college football. I have no problem with that.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
You can hate and respect at the same time.

I know I hated to see how things were going as the season wore down last year. They had the revenge angle going for them. They did in 2016 as well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't have anything against Clemson. Dabo has done a great job.

Due to the weaknesses of the ACC, they do have an easier road to a National Championship than we do, but that's not their fault.

The first loss, they did it with defense. They kept our O on the sidelines for about 40 minutes, and finally wore our D down. This last one was just a country-boy whipping on both sides of the ball. Nothing else to be said.

Met several of their fans over the course of three games -- Phoenix, New Orleans and Tampa. Most were gracious and humble in victory, even after their first win. Only a smattering of obnoxious ones, about the same proportion that every fanbase has.

If you're going to be the best, you have to beat the best. For a long time, it was unanimous that the best was us. I think we still are, but in the aftermath of the butt-kicking in Santa Clara, that assessment is no longer unanimous.

So it's now up to us to prove we are in fact still the best program in college football. I have no problem with that.
I don't disagree with this. My dislike of Clemson is based on the same things that have Alabama hated - they are very good, and they beat my teams. So I respect them, but I still hate them.

Not to be compared with my feelings for UM or TN, neither of which do I respect, and both of which I would love to see lose every game from here to eternity.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Jon has a state championship and a national championship. Could the super bowl be next?
Probably not but one can dream. Maybe if Haskins really is a future star or at least a future top 10 QB. The defense should be pretty nasty this year with the additions Landon Collins and Reuben (assuming he stays out of trouble)

I don't disagree with this. My dislike of Clemson is based on the same things that have Alabama hated - they are very good, and they beat my teams. So I respect them, but I still hate them.

Not to be compared with my feelings for UM or TN, neither of which do I respect, and both of which I would love to see lose every game from here to eternity.
Agreed with this. Basically how i feel about Clemson. It was easier for me when they had Watson because I liked him and because we didn't have a QB competing for a Heisman with him like we do now between Tua vs Lawrence.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.