2020 Prospect: 5* RB Kendall Milton - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: 5* RB Kendall Milton

Why does a Dog come to this board to bloviate about recruiting ? Seeking validation ?

BamaNation Scout Team

I am hoping that Evans ends up at Bama but they will be fine without him. Robinson, Jr., Sanders, Robinson, Ford and Roydell Williams all there next year. Evans would clearly be great addition but if they miss on him, they will end up with stud in 2021.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by dirtroadlizard View Post
    Why does a Dog come to this board to bloviate about recruiting ? Seeking validation ?
    An interesting question. Of course, I don`t really know how many other message boards will even allow rival posters to participate. I do know it`s stunningly easy to get thrown out of a barn board.

Maybe he has a connection of some sort to UA ( other than the fact that we are their nemesis and the hurdle to bigger things and therefore in their heads ) ?

BamaNation All-American

We do know this: He's a good guy who has proven -- for the most part -- that he can behave on a rival board. In this case, that rival board has a tradition of welcoming reps from other schools who can contribute to a civil conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    An interesting question. Of course, I don`t really know how many other message boards will even allow rival posters to participate. I do know it`s stunningly easy to get thrown out of a barn board.

Maybe he has a connection of some sort to UA ( other than the fact that we are their nemesis and the hurdle to bigger things and therefore in their heads ) ?
    Last edited by CrimsonEyeshade; August 8th, 2019 at 01:40 PM.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    We do know this: He's a good guy who has proven -- for the most part -- that he can behave on a rival board. In this case, that rival board has a tradition of welcoming reps from other schools who can contribute to a civil conversation.
    Yes, I would agree, but I think at times it becomes grating. We can argue as to whether or not it should, but it does nevertheless for folks I think.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post

The DawgNation message board sports posters from around the SEC. When they troll they get shut down pretty quick - not by the moderators, but by everyone else.

I think people go to rival boards for a number of reasons, including intel gathering, recruiting tidbits and different view points. I come here for those three reasons, plus I have mad respect for Nick Saban. I appreciate winners.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtroadlizard View Post
    Haven’t really been on boards lately, in the past it was for a reaction to post to Dawgnation for warped doggie doo humor. It doesn’t matter if they get both or not really, we’ll just pick up one or the other next year in free agency(transfer portal).
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Haven’t really been on boards lately, in the past it was for a reaction to post to Dawgnation for warped doggie doo humor. It doesn’t matter if they get both or not really, we’ll just pick up one or the other next year in free agency(transfer portal).
    With Hurts and Tua, you've moved to a more modern style offense that's less down hill and features the QB more. Naturally, that could impact HS RB's who want to play for an offense that features the run. I don't think there's a right answer, just different philosophies. Bama is loaded with skilled position players on offense. Whether you land Evans or not I doubt it will have any significant impact on offensive production.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    With Hurts and Tua, you've moved to a more modern style offense that's less down hill and features the QB more. Naturally, that could impact HS RB's who want to play for an offense that features the run. I don't think there's a right answer, just different philosophies. Bama is loaded with skilled position players on offense. Whether you land Evans or not I doubt it will have any significant impact on offensive production.
    I think they will move to a modern style offense that offers balance, hence the need for a RB...………...that position wont ever be neglected by Saban, and Tua can throw to the RB out of the backfield...…….The same could be said for UGA with Fromm being featured

BamaNation All-American

nobody will be saying anything after Harris and Brob go off this year.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    I think they will move to a modern style offense that offers balance, hence the need for a RB...………...that position wont ever be neglected by Saban, and Tua can throw to the RB out of the backfield...…….The same could be said for UGA with Fromm being featured
    Some Dawg fans don't like the truth, but the stats on Fromm are undeniable. His record as a starting QB are admirable, but he's lost every game where he had to throw more than 26 passes in a game. Jake Fromm is a "game manager" type QB; nothing wrong with that, but for Georgia to be successful our offense must run the ball and mix in enough pass to keep the defense honest. Tua can beat an opposing defense with his arm and feet. I agree that Saban will always want a solid stable of RB's, but with the QB talent you have he doesn't have to carry the offense on the RB's shoulders.

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Some Dawg fans don't like the truth, but the stats on Fromm are undeniable. His record as a starting QB are admirable, but he's lost every game where he had to throw more than 26 passes in a game. Jake Fromm is a "game manager" type QB; nothing wrong with that, but for Georgia to be successful our offense must run the ball and mix in enough pass to keep the defense honest. Tua can beat an opposing defense with his arm and feet. I agree that Saban will always want a solid stable of RB's, but with the QB talent you have he doesn't have to carry the offense on the RB's shoulders.
    Honest assessment...I like JF...he reminds of of AJM...talented and smart enough...but not an overwhelming talent. However, with UGA's OL you should breeze through most of your schedule.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation All-American

This is why Bama evolved with Tua and thankful JF went to y'all. JF will be overdrafted likely 1st-3rd. this will be a rough year for JF due to talent not being there at WR or TE. They are more like bama in 08 this year without the game breaker in Julio or Ingram etc. The last two years imo were UGA best opportunities to win the natty for two years. The WR from hoover will be good but needs time to develop and will take more than one season. interested to see how much Campbell improves this year at CB.

Also I think y'all will really regret losing fields because he will be a nightmare to defend.