is anyone using grocery pickup (online ordering)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
online ordering with pick up has recently started at a couple of stores near us and we have been using it some for the past few weeks. we have tried both kroger and wal-mart and both worked very smoothly. both my wife and i hate going grocery shopping, so this has been a nice time (and sanity) saver for us. we haven't tried the delivery options yet.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
One of the girls I work with loves it. She goes to Kroger and claims it saves her money from not impulse buying.

We haven’t tried it. My wife does all the grocery shopping. I haven’t been checked out on that skill yet.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
One of the girls I work with loves it. She goes to Kroger and claims it saves her money from not impulse buying.

We haven’t tried it. My wife does all the grocery shopping. I haven’t been checked out on that skill yet.
that has been one of the nice things about it for us. it forces us to stick with the list (a challenge in our household)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Walmart online grocery sure as hell beats having to maneuverer through folks standing in the middle of the isles catching up with what happened last week. Totally worth it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I get road rage at the grocery store.
Especially when Clem is talking to Jeff at the battery section with 2 shopping carts each about what happened yesterday. All the while blocking everyone's only passage to the pharmacy without going all the way around the cash registers to the otherside of the store.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I may be weird, but I actually enjoy grocery shopping. Plus, I like picking out my own produce and meat.
We love doing online pickup for the reasons mentioned, but meat is one thing we don’t order. We’ll run in and pick it out. Still better than taking the time to get everything on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I use Amazon Prime Fresh. Can usually order same day for night delivery or at night for next morning. I hate shopping so this works great for us most of the time.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
My wife does the grocery shopping and has been using Walmart pickup for about a year now. She loves it, especially during the summer when the kids are with her. No more “can I have this”, can we get that”, “do we get a treat”. She also get to avoid the inside nightmare of Walmart, which has to be the best thing about the service.

She still goes to Publix for meats and produce. We just don’t like Walmart meats and produce.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My wife does the grocery shopping and has been using Walmart pickup for about a year now. She loves it, especially during the summer when the kids are with her. No more “can I have this”, can we get that”, “do we get a treat”. She also get to avoid the inside nightmare of Walmart, which has to be the best thing about the service.

She still goes to Publix for meats and produce. We just don’t like Walmart meats and produce.
yeah, not having to take our daughter into the store is a huge benefit.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

What ever happened to keeping the kids by themselves in the car while mom went into the store?:smile:

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Did this with Kroger and Prodigy online back in 1989/1990 and loved it, Kroger charged $10 extra and had it all bagged and ready when you picked up

Then used the heck out of WebVan back in the late 90's early 2000's, they were great

now since I work from home I like going to the grocery store as I actually leave the house for a bit. So haven't used any of the newer services

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
We've used the Kroger program and it works pretty well, no complaints. I go for a few fill in items a couple of times a week. We are both retired so it's good to get out some!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Did this with Kroger and Prodigy online back in 1989/1990 and loved it, Kroger charged $10 extra and had it all bagged and ready when you picked up

Then used the heck out of WebVan back in the late 90's early 2000's, they were great

now since I work from home I like going to the grocery store as I actually leave the house for a bit. So haven't used any of the newer services
i used webvan a few times and then it went away.

SavanaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 25, 2000
Huntsville, AL
I used online ordering/pickup at Harris Teeter when we lived in North Carolina -- that was 8 or 9 years ago and a town of only 25,000 folks. Imagine my shock when in 2012 we moved back to Huntsville (known to be a "high tech" community) and no one offered online ordering/pickup. Harris Teeter charged $4.95/month for the service and it was great. As others have noted, it is a money saver due to impulse-buy avoidance.

Fast forward to last year -- I had a back injury for a few weeks that made it very difficult for me to get in/out of the car. I subscribed to Shipt and used it a few times and loved that experience. I think I used them 3 times and all 3 times the shoppers were excellent. I got texts while they were shopping (at Publix) and needed either clarification or if they needed to make a substitution because of what was actually available at in the store. I've had no bad experiences with other folks choosing my meat products and produce -- maybe that's just me . . .

I do actually like to grocery shop, but my work schedule sometimes makes it very difficult to get to the store. I am glad to have order/pickup or order/delivery options now. I told my husband that I've found my retirement job when the time comes -- think I'll grocery shop for others! :smile:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I used online ordering/pickup at Harris Teeter when we lived in North Carolina -- that was 8 or 9 years ago and a town of only 25,000 folks. Imagine my shock when in 2012 we moved back to Huntsville (known to be a "high tech" community) and no one offered online ordering/pickup. Harris Teeter charged $4.95/month for the service and it was great. As others have noted, it is a money saver due to impulse-buy avoidance.

Fast forward to last year -- I had a back injury for a few weeks that made it very difficult for me to get in/out of the car. I subscribed to Shipt and used it a few times and loved that experience. I think I used them 3 times and all 3 times the shoppers were excellent. I got texts while they were shopping (at Publix) and needed either clarification or if they needed to make a substitution because of what was actually available at in the store. I've had no bad experiences with other folks choosing my meat products and produce -- maybe that's just me . . .

I do actually like to grocery shop, but my work schedule sometimes makes it very difficult to get to the store. I am glad to have order/pickup or order/delivery options now. I told my husband that I've found my retirement job when the time comes -- think I'll grocery shop for others! :smile:
I guess I'm just too picky about meat and produce. I can see ordering staples but not those two items...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Tried it for the first time today and had a pleasant experience. If you use the promo code “WOWFRESH” you’ll receive $10 off your order on WM’s website. Worked for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.