Zach Smith Arrested For Violating Restraining Order - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Re: Zach Smith Arrested For Violating Restraining Order

When you've gotten yourself into this kind of situation you've just got to follow the rules the judge has laid out.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    So is his ex-wife. Period.

Feel bad for the kids. Neither parent deserves a mention.

Oh, I don't doubt that either.

Did anyone actually read the article? It said he got into an altercation with staff and they had to protect his ex wife by putting her in a separate room. She may be no prize, but it sounds like the school staff, who were the ones who called the police, handled the situation in the proper way.

BamaNation All-American

No one knows all the details but it definitely seems like Zach is more at fault in the situation as a whole and definitely in this specific instance. I mean, it sucks that she possibly didn't allow him to see the kids when he was supposed to be able to but responding in the way he did is not the way to go about it.
    Last edited by RollTide_HTTR; May 15th, 2019 at 11:35 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Which may be precisely why she baited him into it. I suspect there is a lot more to this story than any of us would want to know.
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    No one knows all the details but it definitely seems like Zach is more at fault in the situation as a whole and definitely in this specific instance. I mean, it sucks that she possibly didn't allow him to see the kids when he was supposed to be able to but responding in the way he did is not the way to go about it.
    Apparently she has done this to him dozens of times. She is trying to get him arrested. They are both horrible human beings.

BamaNation All-American

Apparently she has done this to him dozens of times. She is trying to get him arrested. They are both horrible human beings.
    Even if that's true deal with it in court. This only makes it worse for him.

Even if that's true deal with it in court. This only makes it worse for him.
    Easy for you to say. If it is true, she is making it impossible for him to see his kids. That is a pretty incendiary thing to most people, and something that we would have a hard time waiting for the courts to get right.

The family court system puts men at a huge disadvantage. I have seen it often. This guy is a jerk, but he has rights.

BamaNation All-American

Easy for you to say. If it is true, she is making it impossible for him to see his kids. That is a pretty incendiary thing to most people, and something that we would have a hard time waiting for the courts to get right.

The family court system puts men at a huge disadvantage. I have seen it often. This guy is a jerk, but he has rights.
    I have close members of my family and close friends who have been involved in all sides of these issues. He's only making it worse for himself. It may be tough, I'm sure it is but its almost always better to handle it through court.

I have close members of my family and close friends who have been involved in all sides of these issues. He's only making it worse for himself. It may be tough, I'm sure it is but its almost always better to handle it through court.
    I don't disagree with you, but neither of these parties is honest or ethical in any way. They are both lying through their teeth to hurt the other. Right now, the children are the tool for her revenge. They are being used. I am not okay with that.

BamaNation All-American

I don't disagree with you, but neither of these parties is honest or ethical in any way. They are both lying through their teeth to hurt the other. Right now, the children are the tool for her revenge. They are being used. I am not okay with that.
    Agreed. It seems really common in these types of situations for everyone involved to completely forget about the kids. It's awful.

Feel like it was established last summer that both parties are pretty sad individuals.

That being said, he appears to be at fault here based on what is reported. Even if she did prevent him from seeing the kids the night before, he shouldn't have done it. His attorney claims she was in contempt of court. Surely, the attorney filed papers in court since the two have such a troubled relationship.

The act itself is problematic because the report indicates he didn't even have contact with her. The school called the cops after having some sort of incident with him.

She isn't a model citizen herself, so there's the chance she set him up by having him come to the school after already telling school personnel a story about something he had done.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Feel like it was established last summer that both parties are pretty sad individuals.

That being said, he appears to be at fault here based on what is reported. Even if she did prevent him from seeing the kids the night before, he shouldn't have done it. His attorney claims she was in contempt of court. Surely, the attorney filed papers in court since the two have such a troubled relationship.

The act itself is problematic because the report indicates he didn't even have contact with her. The school called the cops after having some sort of incident with him.

She isn't a model citizen herself, so there's the chance she set him up by having him come to the school after already telling school personnel a story about something he had done.
    Apparently the school called her (Courtney) after he called them to notify them that he would be picking up the kids. Why the school would call Courtney is beyond me as he was already scheduled to pick up his kids - he was just picking them up early. She then plotted to set him up by arriving while he was there (early), placing him in violation of his RO.

Maybe he should have just showed up at the school without warning. Almost sounds like the school is working with Courtney to get him arrested. But there are probably 40 other layers to this mess.