Zach Smith Arrested For Violating Restraining Order - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Zach Smith Arrested For Violating Restraining Order

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    That has been the rumor in Ohio for a while now - almost since he stepped down at OSU. If he coaches again, it will be at a place like Texas/USC/Notre Dame - someplace that he can win a championship. He is not going to coach just to make money and stay in the game. Of those schools, USC makes the most sense right now, so it is getting the most attention by rumor mongers.

As for me - they are welcome to him, and everything that comes with him (the good and the bad - really bad).
    I can't imagine ANYONE hiring him...for anything!

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

The guy is obviously not well. He needs to take care of himself and his family. However, if he does coach again, I hope it is USCw because I don't want him in the SEC! The guy can recruit and coach!

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    The guy is obviously not well. He needs to take care of himself and his family. However, if he does coach again, I hope it is USCw because I don't want him in the SEC! The guy can recruit and coach!
    Um, he brought an offensive style into the SEC that was unusual and combined it with a generational leader and college football player. When the SEC defenses got a little film ( and a different style defensive player) he came back to Earth. Then he bolted for another conference where he could grab elite talent and win easily. I think one of the most glaring differences between he and Coach Saban is that Saban adjusts, and Meyer moves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Um, he brought an offensive style into the SEC that was unusual and combined it with a generational leader and college football player. When the SEC defenses got a little film ( and a different style defensive player) he came back to Earth. Then he bolted for another conference where he could grab elite talent and win easily. I think one of the most glaring differences between he and Coach Saban is that Saban adjusts, and Meyer moves on.
    This is simply not accurate. If it were true, Alabama wins in 2014. Meyer was running the same offense, and our QB that year was far, far, far from elite. Meyer is a great head coach. Not even close to Saban, but still great, and not for gimicky reasons. He is not Gus Malzahn.

He has issues that are not connected in any way to his coaching ability that will always limit how long he will remain welcome and stable in any one place. So, yes, he moves on. I am happy that he moved on from OSU. But he didn't leave OSU for an easier road to the CFP. He left OSU because he wore out his welcome.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    This is simply not accurate. If it were true, Alabama wins in 2014. Meyer was running the same offense, and our QB that year was far, far, far from elite. Meyer is a great head coach. Not even close to Saban, but still great, and not for gimicky reasons. He is not Gus Malzahn.

He has issues that are not connected in any way to his coaching ability that will always limit how long he will remain welcome and stable in any one place. So, yes, he moves on. I am happy that he moved on from OSU. But he didn't leave OSU for an easier road to the CFP. He left OSU because he wore out his welcome.
    You canít account for injuries or a dynamic shift in quarterback tendencies in one week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson