Zach Smith Arrested For Violating Restraining Order

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1162123001

A reminder Urban Meyer really fought hard for this guy......why?

Smith was arrested Thursday afternoon by the Delaware County (Ohio) Sheriff's Office and booked into jail shortly after 6 p.m. He had not been released as of early Friday morning, according to online records.

According to a summary of events provided by the sheriff's office, Smith was arrested after police received calls that he had become "confrontational" while trying to pick up his children at Scioto Ridge Elementary School at around 3 p.m. WBNS-TV in Columbus reported that the civil protection order filed by his ex-wife, Courtney Smith, prevented Zach Smith from picking up the children prior to 6 p.m.

Violating a protection order is a misdemeanor in Delaware County. Smith was expected to be arraigned Friday morning.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Seahawks should have run the ball...

Seriously, what else can we say about how much of a loser this guy is?
So to, The Falcons!

He is the media’s gift that keeps on giving! I just read the post, but was Courtney there when he tried to pick up the kids? She had him arrested because he picked the kids up 3 hours early.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
So to, The Falcons!

He is the media’s gift that keeps on giving! I just read the post, but was Courtney there when he tried to pick up the kids? She had him arrested because he picked the kids up 3 hours early.
If it was only the 3-hour difference, I'd also question the arrest. Given Smith's long and repetitive history, something tells me that there's a lot more to the story.

He's a scuzzbucket's scuzzbucket.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1162123001

A reminder Urban Meyer really fought hard for this guy......why?

Smith was arrested Thursday afternoon by the Delaware County (Ohio) Sheriff's Office and booked into jail shortly after 6 p.m. He had not been released as of early Friday morning, according to online records.

According to a summary of events provided by the sheriff's office, Smith was arrested after police received calls that he had become "confrontational" while trying to pick up his children at Scioto Ridge Elementary School at around 3 p.m. WBNS-TV in Columbus reported that the civil protection order filed by his ex-wife, Courtney Smith, prevented Zach Smith from picking up the children prior to 6 p.m.

Violating a protection order is a misdemeanor in Delaware County. Smith was expected to be arraigned Friday morning.
So this man is going to jail for wanting to pick his kids up prior to 6pm. If it were, they thought he was a danger to the kids, I am sure it would be no pickup at all. Not sure if this is the same kinda situations but I know women in my family who do things to the fathers out of spite. Good men who want to do right by their kids. In this day and age if a woman says a man did something, true or not, he is guilty end of discussion. Her own mother and others in her family, said the allegations were not true and she was being vindictive. That story only got a blurb because it doesn't fit the narrative of "Bad Urban Myer". His mother and her mother said he was unfaithful and this is payback. Hell has no fury.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
So this man is going to jail for wanting to pick his kids up prior to 6pm. If it were, they thought he was a danger to the kids, I am sure it would be no pickup at all. Not sure if this is the same kinda situations but I know women in my family who do things to the fathers out of spite. Good men who want to do right by their kids. In this day and age if a woman says a man did something, true or not, he is guilty end of discussion. Her own mother and others in her family, said the allegations were not true and she was being vindictive. That story only got a blurb because it doesn't fit the narrative of "Bad Urban Myer". His mother and her mother said he was unfaithful and this is payback. Hell has no fury.
Yea, this is spite, pure and simple because you have to report the violation for something to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
Thing is, none of us know what happened exactly.

What "reads" quite often ain't what actually happened.

As bamamc1 posted in this thread, the guy is a train wreck.

Period.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So is his ex-wife. Period.

Feel bad for the kids. Neither parent deserves a mention.

PDL

All-SEC
Oct 16, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Did anyone actually read the article? It said he got into an altercation with staff and they had to protect his ex wife by putting her in a separate room. She may be no prize, but it sounds like the school staff, who were the ones who called the police, handled the situation in the proper way.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
No one knows all the details but it definitely seems like Zach is more at fault in the situation as a whole and definitely in this specific instance. I mean, it sucks that she possibly didn't allow him to see the kids when he was supposed to be able to but responding in the way he did is not the way to go about it.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No one knows all the details but it definitely seems like Zach is more at fault in the situation as a whole and definitely in this specific instance. I mean, it sucks that she possibly didn't allow him to see the kids when he was supposed to be able to but responding in the way he did is not the way to go about it.
Apparently she has done this to him dozens of times. She is trying to get him arrested. They are both horrible human beings.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.