Zach Smith Arrested For Violating Restraining Order

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Even if that's true deal with it in court. This only makes it worse for him.
Easy for you to say. If it is true, she is making it impossible for him to see his kids. That is a pretty incendiary thing to most people, and something that we would have a hard time waiting for the courts to get right.

The family court system puts men at a huge disadvantage. I have seen it often. This guy is a jerk, but he has rights.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Easy for you to say. If it is true, she is making it impossible for him to see his kids. That is a pretty incendiary thing to most people, and something that we would have a hard time waiting for the courts to get right.

The family court system puts men at a huge disadvantage. I have seen it often. This guy is a jerk, but he has rights.
I have close members of my family and close friends who have been involved in all sides of these issues. He's only making it worse for himself. It may be tough, I'm sure it is but its almost always better to handle it through court.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have close members of my family and close friends who have been involved in all sides of these issues. He's only making it worse for himself. It may be tough, I'm sure it is but its almost always better to handle it through court.
I don't disagree with you, but neither of these parties is honest or ethical in any way. They are both lying through their teeth to hurt the other. Right now, the children are the tool for her revenge. They are being used. I am not okay with that.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't disagree with you, but neither of these parties is honest or ethical in any way. They are both lying through their teeth to hurt the other. Right now, the children are the tool for her revenge. They are being used. I am not okay with that.
Agreed. It seems really common in these types of situations for everyone involved to completely forget about the kids. It's awful.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Apparently she has done this to him dozens of times. She is trying to get him arrested. They are both horrible human beings.
Feel like it was established last summer that both parties are pretty sad individuals.

That being said, he appears to be at fault here based on what is reported. Even if she did prevent him from seeing the kids the night before, he shouldn't have done it. His attorney claims she was in contempt of court. Surely, the attorney filed papers in court since the two have such a troubled relationship.

The act itself is problematic because the report indicates he didn't even have contact with her. The school called the cops after having some sort of incident with him.

She isn't a model citizen herself, so there's the chance she set him up by having him come to the school after already telling school personnel a story about something he had done.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Feel like it was established last summer that both parties are pretty sad individuals.

That being said, he appears to be at fault here based on what is reported. Even if she did prevent him from seeing the kids the night before, he shouldn't have done it. His attorney claims she was in contempt of court. Surely, the attorney filed papers in court since the two have such a troubled relationship.

The act itself is problematic because the report indicates he didn't even have contact with her. The school called the cops after having some sort of incident with him.

She isn't a model citizen herself, so there's the chance she set him up by having him come to the school after already telling school personnel a story about something he had done.
Apparently the school called her (Courtney) after he called them to notify them that he would be picking up the kids. Why the school would call Courtney is beyond me as he was already scheduled to pick up his kids - he was just picking them up early. She then plotted to set him up by arriving while he was there (early), placing him in violation of his RO.

Maybe he should have just showed up at the school without warning. Almost sounds like the school is working with Courtney to get him arrested. But there are probably 40 other layers to this mess.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Apparently the school called her (Courtney) after he called them to notify them that he would be picking up the kids. Why the school would call Courtney is beyond me as he was already scheduled to pick up his kids - he was just picking them up early. She then plotted to set him up by arriving while he was there (early), placing him in violation of his RO.

Maybe he should have just showed up at the school without warning. Almost sounds like the school is working with Courtney to get him arrested. But there are probably 40 other layers to this mess.
If a protection order was in place, then Smith might not have been authorized to pick the children up at school.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
https://247sports.com/college/alaba...dcast-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-football-132986214/

First thought: why give this guy a microphone?

Second thought: he’s probably right....
That has been the rumor in Ohio for a while now - almost since he stepped down at OSU. If he coaches again, it will be at a place like Texas/USC/Notre Dame - someplace that he can win a championship. He is not going to coach just to make money and stay in the game. Of those schools, USC makes the most sense right now, so it is getting the most attention by rumor mongers.

As for me - they are welcome to him, and everything that comes with him (the good and the bad - really bad).

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
That has been the rumor in Ohio for a while now - almost since he stepped down at OSU. If he coaches again, it will be at a place like Texas/USC/Notre Dame - someplace that he can win a championship. He is not going to coach just to make money and stay in the game. Of those schools, USC makes the most sense right now, so it is getting the most attention by rumor mongers.

As for me - they are welcome to him, and everything that comes with him (the good and the bad - really bad).
I can't really imagine what his (Myer's) family feels like. He always acts like it is about them that he is stepping down and then "Boom" he feels better and has their blessing to coach again. If he felt as bad as he makes out like he did he wouldn't coach again. My gosh, if something I was doing was making me grab my head and go down to my knees during a game I believe I would have to step away from it. If he does come back, he will eventually have to face karma for all of his what appears to be lies.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I can't really imagine what his (Myer's) family feels like. He always acts like it is about them that he is stepping down and then "Boom" he feels better and has their blessing to coach again. If he felt as bad as he makes out like he did he wouldn't coach again. My gosh, if something I was doing was making me grab my head and go down to my knees during a game I believe I would have to step away from it. If he does come back, he will eventually have to face karma for all of his what appears to be lies.
He’s absolutely destroying his legacy as a coach. He’s becoming a punchline and I didn’t really think a coach with a couple National Titles could do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We have to keep in mind that he isn't necessarily saying the same things to his family that he is saying to the public. We know that his health issues are real, but we have no idea what he is telling his family about his plans, hopes, expectations - and we have no idea what his family feels about any of this. If he were in my immediate family, I would want him to retire, but I would respect his desire to continue to do what he loves if that is his choice.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
I’d pass on Meyer for a premier job, TBH. Some place like UNC might be better. He’s such a head case who brings a ton of drama with him.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
They do, and they will.

I hope Todd Helton is making moving arrangements.
Yeah, I hope Helton is renting. As for Meyer, sure USCw would take him in a nano second, complete with his baggage. He would have an easy route to the Playoff in the PAC12 and BTW, he can recruit and coach. I am not a medical professional but believe his issues go way beyond the physical issues. He obviously has psychological and/or emotional issues which may or may not precipitate his physical ailments.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, I hope Helton is renting. As for Meyer, sure USCw would take him in a nano second, complete with his baggage. He would have an easy route to the Playoff in the PAC12 and BTW, he can recruit and coach. I am not a medical professional but believe his issues go way beyond the physical issues. He obviously has psychological and/or emotional issues which may or may not precipitate his physical ailments.
The guy can coach. With his long and storied casual relationship with the truth, I don’t understand how he gets anyone to buy in and follow him. But facts is facts: Somehow, he does.

Personally, I don’t believe a word he says.

If Urban Meyer told me that the sky is blue and water is wet, I’d verify. If his lips are moving, and sound is coming out, he’s lying.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I can't imagine ANYONE hiring him...for anything! :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.