Game Thread: SEC Softball Tournament Final:Bama vs Florida

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
That is what happens when you leave the bases loaded, without getting a run across. That, and only 2 hits.

Oh, well....................

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Fouts was restricted on what she could pitch and how hard. I also think Murphy didn’t want an extra innings game based on putting Brown back up there instead of Hardy.

I really believe we played not to get wore out and hurt while Florida was solely focused on improving their placement. Florida will probably not make it to okc if they don’t break into the top 5 after this. I think they are facing the problems we did for the past 4 years... a dominant rise ball pitcher with no rest and a pretty mediocre lineup

Last edited:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, I didn't get to see the game live, my wife made me go to a wedding. So I taped it and just finished the replay. Florida got their two runs on a couple of seeing eye shots, barely inside that left field line, and a walk that should have been a strike out. That walk put two on for Lorenz who basically put the line drive right on the left field line. We should have gotten more runs when we had bases loaded, 1 out. We should still have a pretty high seed, definitely top 8, so we should get to play everything at the Rhodes House. Proud of this team. Get a little rest, and get your bats back in tune.

tidefan82

1st Team
Aug 16, 2000
Opp,Alabama,U.S.
With a decent ump we got the third strike and third out before the 2 run seeing eye hit. Final score should have been 1 to nothing. I was beginning to think there was a conspiracy against us due to all the calls going against us.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.