Softball Playoffs

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, looks like a major league hose job on BAMA. We ended up with the #8 seed, so we do get to stay at home if we win, but how did Florida get a #5 seed, and why is Minnesota seeded over BAMA. I know they are tired of BAMA football, but in my opinion we should have had a higher seed. I guess if Florida wins 1 out of 4 against you they get the higher seed. Just win ladies!

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Yes we got hosed! We were 3-1 against #5 seed Florida, 1-0 against #6 seed Arizona and 2-0 against #7 seed Minnesota. Hope the girls use this as a little motivation! RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Yes we got hosed! We were 3-1 against #5 seed Florida, 1-0 against #6 seed Arizona and 2-0 against #7 seed Minnesota. Hope the girls use this as a little motivation! RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kills me is Minnesota did not even win the B1G and also did not win their conference tournament. As usual, looks like idiots making the decisions.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Overall, the SEC got 13 teams in, with 6 host schools. BAMA and Florida were top 8 seeds so they get to stay home as long as they win. Also hosting are LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Kentucky. If BAMA wins, we play the winner of the Texas Regional. Texas was the #9 seed.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We got screwed and Florida got unjustly rewarded. We are going to have a hell of a Super regional to get through, and a pretty difficult regional. Just glad we are at home

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Cannot believe we fell to 8th presumably by way of a two-out double by Florida when we'd just swept then in their house a couple weeks before.

They can only have the pre-conference as justification. But how exactly is playing Zona and Minnesota in that going too soft? It just seems like nonsense.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We were 9-1 against teams in the top 10 RPI and that 1 loss was to Florida. Absolutely ridiculous. ESPN talked as it we might be a 2 seed if we had beaten Florida. We will play at home throughout(assuming we win), but our 1st game in OKC will be against the 1 seed OU. It will be a must win, because once you are in the losers bracket, it is a tough row to hoe. We will be in better shape than in years past since we have more pitching, but it is really hard to win it all if you lose the 1st game. And supposedly conference tournaments have no bearing on seeding.

And BTW, Amanda Lorenz should have never been up to bat in the 1st place. The ump called ball 4 of an obvious strike on the batter before who became the winning run. Had it been called, we were out of the inning with no runs scoring and probably go on to win. It was either a great or lucky hit by Lorenz depending on your point of view. She hit a ball 3 inches off the outside of the plate on the end of the bat and it landed fair by 2 inches. 99% of the time that ends up as a foul ball. She is one heck of a hitter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.