Stillwater Regional:

Regional Champion

#13 Oklahoma St 3-0

eliminated

Tulsa 2-2

Brigham Young 1-2

Arkansas 0-2

Super Regionals:

Norman Super Regional (Oklahoma Wins 2-0)

#1 Oklahoma 2 vs #16 Northwestern 0

Tuscaloosa Super Regional (Alabama Wins 2-1)

#8 Alabama 2 vs #9 Texas 1

Gainesville Super Regional (Florida Wins 2-1)

#5 Florida 2 vs #12 Tennessee 1

Tallahassee Super Regional (Oklahoma St Wins 2-1)

#4 Florida State 1
vs #13 Oklahoma St 2

*** OKC ***

#1 Oklahoma

#5 Florida

#8 Alabama

#13 Oklahoma St

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Bracket B

Regionals

Seattle Regional:

Regional Champions

#3 Washington 3-0

Eliminated

Mississippi St 2-2

Seattle 1-2

Fordham 0-2

Lexington Regional:

Regional Champion

#14 Kentucky 3-0

Eliminated
Virginia Tech 2-2

Illinois 1-1

Toledo 0-2

Tucson Regional:

Regional Champions

#6 Arizona 3-0

Eliminated

Auburn 2-2
Colorado St 1-2
Harvard 0-2

Oxford Regional:

Regional Champions

#11 Ole Miss 4-1

Eliminated

Louisiana 2-2

SEMO 1-2

Chattanooga 0-2

Minneapolis Regional:

Regional Champions

#7 Minnesota 3-0

Eliminated

Georgia 2-2
Drake 1-2

NDSU 0-2

Baton Rouge Regional:

Regional Champions

#10 LSU 3-1

Eliminated

Texas Tech 2-2
La Tech 1-2
Monmouth 0-2

Los Angeles Regional:

Regional Champions

#2 UCLA 3-1

Eliminated

Missouri 3-2

Weber St 1-2

Cal St Fullerton 0-2

Ann Arbor Regional:

Regional Champions

James Madison 2-1

Eliminated

#15 Michigan 2-2

DePaul 1-2​

Saint Francis 0-2

Super Regionals

Seattle Super Regional (Washington Wins 2-0)

#3 Washington 2
vs#14 Kentucky 0

Tuscon Super Regional (Arizona Wins 2-0)

#6 Arizona 2
vs #11 Ole Miss 0

Minneapolis Super Regional (Minnesota Wins 2-0)

#7 Minnesota 2 vs#10 LSU 0

Los Angeles Super Regional (UCLA Wins 2-0)
#2 UCLA 2 vs James Madison 0

*** OKC ***

#2 UCLA

#3 Washington

#6 Arizona

#7 Minnesota

Last edited:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hey 81,

I'm assuming that these brackets will also apply to the CWS, ie the 4 Bracket A winners will be on one side of the CWS bracket, with the 4 Bracket B winners on the other side. Would you say that is correct? Thanks, Krymsonman

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Hey 81,

I'm assuming that these brackets will also apply to the CWS, ie the 4 Bracket A winners will be on one side of the CWS bracket, with the 4 Bracket B winners on the other side. Would you say that is correct? Thanks, Krymsonman
Yes. We are basically looking at facing Oklahoma right off.

Bracket A:

#1 vs 16 Super vs #8 vs #9 Super
#5 vs #12 Super vs #4 vs 13 Super

Bracket B

#2 vs 15 Super vs #7 vs #10 Super
#3 vs #14 Super vs #6 vs 11 Super

Basically if we just say all higher seeds win the Supers then the bracket would look like this

Bracket A:

Oklahoma-Alabama
Florida- Florida State

Bracket B:

Washington- Arizona
UCLA- Minnesota

FWIW I highly doubt it goes like above. I have a feeling that teams like Florida and Minnesota aren't making it to OKC because they are going to be in some very difficult matchups these next few weeks. As for regionals, I think the biggest chances for upsets are in: Minneapolis, Stillwater, Tucson, and Ann Arbor. All four of those have teams that are facing hot competition, and have fragile teams hosting them. Florida will probably get bounced by Tennessee in the Supers.

Us getting paired with Oklahoma and Texas while Minnesota gets paired with LSU and UCLA is one of the biggest travesties in sports. I can get behind Florida making a leap over us after winning four pretty good games, and getting the SECT. I may not like it but I can accept it, but no title Minnesota who is 0-2 vs us is a joke, and when UGA pounds them we will see it.

Last edited:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Yeah, I'm sitting there watching that show, and with each top 8 they put up, I'm scratching my head more. When Florida got #5 I just said "WHAT", and then figured we must be #6. Then Minnesota pops up, who didn't win anything. By then I was thinking we are even getting a top 8. This is just so ridiculous right down the line, and now, assuming we get to the CWS, we play Oklahoma first? This just wreaks that of somebody having it in for BAMA.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yeah, I'm sitting there watching that show, and with each top 8 they put up, I'm scratching my head more. When Florida got #5 I just said "WHAT", and then figured we must be #6. Then Minnesota pops up, who didn't win anything. By then I was thinking we are even getting a top 8. This is just so ridiculous right down the line, and now, assuming we get to the CWS, we play Oklahoma first? This just wreaks that of somebody having it in for BAMA.
To be honest, I would rather catch Oklahoma in Bracket Play than catch them in a best of 3 series. A great pitching game can catch a great hitting crew off balance for one game, but its hard to win a best of 3. If we had slightly better hitting I couldn't care less where we found them.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Yes. We are basically looking at facing Oklahoma right off.

Bracket A:

#1 vs 16 Super vs #8 vs #9 Super
#5 vs #12 Super vs #4 vs 13 Super

Bracket B

#2 vs 15 Super vs #7 vs #10 Super
#3 vs #14 Super vs #6 vs 11 Super

Basically if we just say all higher seeds win the Supers then the bracket would look like this

Bracket A:

Oklahoma-Alabama
Florida- Florida State

Bracket B:

Washington- Arizona
UCLA- Minnesota

FWIW I highly doubt it goes like above. I have a feeling that teams like Florida and Minnesota aren't making it to OKC because they are going to be in some very difficult matchups these next few weeks. As for regionals, I think the biggest chances for upsets are in: Minneapolis, Stillwater, Tucson, and Ann Arbor. All four of those have teams that are facing hot competition, and have fragile teams hosting them. Florida will probably get bounced by Tennessee in the Supers.

Us getting paired with Oklahoma and Texas while Minnesota gets paired with LSU and UCLA is one of the biggest travesties in sports. I can get behind Florida making a leap over us after winning four pretty good games, and getting the SECT. I may not like it but I can accept it, but no title Minnesota who is 0-2 vs us is a joke, and when UGA pounds them we will see it.
[FONT=&quot]Texas lost to Sam Houston State. Will play aTm in loser's bracket.[/FONT]

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Texas lost to Sam Houston State. Will play aTm in loser's bracket.
It was more a reference of the difficulty of the Super regional pairings compared to Minnesota. But fwiw I have a feeling that Texas is still pretty capable of pulling 4 straight wins, but they need to hope Sam Houston beats Houston today.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Okay, everything should be updated to reflect the current standings. Ill try to update this as soon as the results happen.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
To be honest, I would rather catch Oklahoma in Bracket Play than catch them in a best of 3 series. A great pitching game can catch a great hitting crew off balance for one game, but its hard to win a best of 3. If we had slightly better hitting I couldn't care less where we found them.
Problem with that is the loser of 1/8-4/5 goes down to Bracket 2 and the loser of 2/7-3/6 goes up to Bracket 1. Win or lose you wind up in different brackets.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Problem with that is the loser of 1-8 goes down to Bracket 2 and the loser of 2-7 goes up to Bracket 1. Win or lose you wind up in different brackets.
It’s the 1-0 game loser that moves down to the other bracket.

2018 Bracket 1: Washington beat Oklahoma Rnd 1 and semi finals.

Washington beat Oregon in the 1-0 game and Oregon was elimated by bracket 2 champ Florida St.

Losing in the opening round is almost a death sentence because you have to fight outside a bracket and beat the team that beat you. I would rather lose the 1-0 game than the opening game. Granted FSU won 4 straight to get to the finals after losing game 1

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Okay we enter today with 33 teams remaining due to the Stillwater regional starting a day early to satisfy BYU's religious observance, and Georgia- Drake game experienced a late night rain delay moving it to its conclusion this morning. Unless for some unseen circumstances, we will have 16 teams left at the end of the day. We have 3 national seeds up for elimination today (#9 Texas, #11 Ole Miss, and #16 Northwestern) , and we would've had 1 gone had aTm not thrown away the ball vs Texas.

Everything should be up to date.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Results:

-OkSt advances, and will either Travel to Tallahassee or host South Carolina

- Tennessee advances

- I'm just going to call it. Kentucky advances to supers either to host MSU or travel to Seattle.

- Florida advances and will host the winner of UNC and Tennessee

- Oklahoma-Wisconsin go to game 3

- Florida St advances

- Alabama ADVANCES

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Arizona wins Game 1 with a 2 run homer in the top of the 8th. Final score - 3-1.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.