John Beilein Leaving Michigan to Become HC for Cleveland Cavaliers

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1127919229313933312

Not saying he would bolt this quick, but Nate is from Michigan...

He’s actually from Wisconsin. He coached HS in Michigan for 11 years, but he grew up in Wisconsin. His dad is a professor at Maranatha Baptist University. I’m not a stalker or anything lol, but as a lot of you know in here that I am a HS Boys basketball coach. Our Varsity Girls coach played at Maranatha (on the women’s team) when Nate Oats was playing there. Her brother also played football with Coach Oats, so she knows the Oats family very well.

So, that’s how I know so much about him. I’m not a stalker lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
That was fast lol

He seems like a straight-shooter so good to see he nipped the possibility of him being in the job hunt quickly. I truly believe he's going to do great things here. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a final four run some time during his tenure here. I heard he was on JOX this morning and had some convincing things to say about the program. One acknowledging the fact that we already have a tournament-team roster.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
This is incredibly interesting to me. Billy Donovan has had some success but there aren't that many college coaches that translate well to coaching guys making 30 million dollars a year. Might work for the Cavs and their young team, though.

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.