News Article: RT America warns against 5G dangers (RT America - formerly "Russia Today)...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've seen this trend some lately though

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1126860693741948930

I saw some centrist lib take this tweet to argue that he was a Russian plant instead of someone recalling the American drive to catch up to the soviets after sputnik. Can't say a Russian thing because that makes you Kremlin agent.

Yes, and after the Russian invasion of social media in 2016, I'd have to admit that I'm more paranoid of anything Russian than since the cold war, but that's to be expected from someone my age. I'm just waiting for the youngsters to wake up...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
RT is the equivalent of FoxNews. Semi-official organ of the oligarchy there....as FoxNews is the mouthpiece for Republican talking points.

I don't take anything on RT seriously. Ditto for FoxNews.
RT is a hoot. Whenever I am in Brussels, I always tune in for a while to see what they are peddling.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That’s fair. And I too really have to fact check anything I see from RT online. I haven’t combed this one yet. RT is pretty good at the half or whole truth to tell a bigger lie but so is a large chunk of American news media.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
RT is a hoot. Whenever I am in Brussels, I always tune in for a while to see what they are peddling.
You should have seen the fun I had when Fidel passed away. There is another Russian "news" site called Sputnik News. When Fidel passed, the trolls in the comment section were lauding his greatness. When I reminded them of the summary executions, the horrors of their political prisons (Armando Valladares chronicled this in his autobiography Against All Hope), the corrupt economic system that kept the people poor and hungry, the lack of freedom of expression, I was fed the usual line: imperialism, false comparisons, Che was God, etc.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The Russians tend to play both side of issues in an effort to spur chaos.
For example, a Montenegran centre studying disinformation examined 1.5 million tweets originating from Russia on either side of the vaccination debate and found that half were in favor and half opposed. The Russians merely wanted to polarize the debate. Fake-News Forensics: Montenegrin Team Dissects Disinformation
Russian bots urged Catalonians to secede and at the same time urged Madrid not to let Catalonia secede.
Russia "eggs on" groups like the Lega and the Five Star Movement in Italy and Syriza and Golden Dawn in Greece. (Galeotti, Russian Political War, 10)

Russia does nto have a position per se on vaccinations, Catalonian independence, Cinque Stelle/Lega or Syriza/Golden Dawn, they just like chaos, I guess so Putin can point to the western chaos and say, "See? We don't want that here."

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
The Russians tend to play both side of issues in an effort to spur chaos.
For example, a Montenegran centre studying disinformation examined 1.5 million tweets originating from Russia on either side of the vaccination debate and found that half were in favor and half opposed. The Russians merely wanted to polarize the debate. Fake-News Forensics: Montenegrin Team Dissects Disinformation
Russian bots urged Catalonians to secede and at the same time urged Madrid not to let Catalonia secede.
Russia "eggs on" groups like the Lega and the Five Star Movement in Italy and Syriza and Golden Dawn in Greece. (Galeotti, Russian Political War, 10)

Russia does nto have a position per se on vaccinations, Catalonian independence, Cinque Stelle/Lega or Syriza/Golden Dawn, they just like chaos, I guess so Putin can point to the western chaos and say, "See? We don't want that here."
Interesting. I know several Russian and Ukrainian expats here in Lincoln. My unscientific opinion indicates that they trend toward a preference in more authoritarian rulers. I suppose having a history of living in the Soviet Union makes this more comfortable to them. When asked if they wanted to live in the old country, I don't get a warm and fuzzy that they want to go back. They all think Russia is a mess, and they have it much better here.

Also interesting. I know a Bosnian woman here who speaks glowingly of Tito. He was sort a benevolent dictator to most. But brutally suppressed dissent. But she speaks of him like the kindly grandfather.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Interesting. I know several Russian and Ukrainian expats here in Lincoln. My unscientific opinion indicates that they trend toward a preference in more authoritarian rulers. I suppose having a history of living in the Soviet Union makes this more comfortable to them. When asked if they wanted to live in the old country, I don't get a warm and fuzzy that they want to go back. They all think Russia is a mess, and they have it much better here.

Also interesting. I know a Bosnian woman here who speaks glowingly of Tito. He was sort a benevolent dictator to most. But brutally suppressed dissent. But she speaks of him like the kindly grandfather.
Amazingly, there is a move inside the Russian Orthodox Church to canonize Josef Stalin!

From what I have read, Putin likes Stalin (strong man, brought "order," etc.) and dislikes Lenin (revolutionary, brought disorder to the country).

When it comes to Russian dezinformatsiya in western media markets, they prefer chaos.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I was listening to a podcast about how Russians have been behind a movement to delegitimizes this French woman who is the oldest documented person on record.

Omnibus! with Ken Jennings and John Roderick: Jeanne Calment

Their vectors for making us doubt liberal institutions such as science and representative democracy are varied and seemingly nonsensical. I wouldn't doubt that the flat earther and anti-vax movements have similar astroturfing in Russia to be honest.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.