Sheridan sets line on hypothetical Bama-Clemson Week 1 game, digs on the Gus Bus - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Sheridan sets line on hypothetical Bama-Clemson Week 1 game, digs on the Gus Bus

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I think you mean Browning.

Auburn's defense is going to kill Herbert, and I think everyone deep down knows it. Oregon's only hope is that Auburn's offense is so bad that they cant move it on a defense that only kept 1 PAC 12 team under 20 last year.

Might want to check again. Auburn is probably the 2nd best team in the West this year. aTm and LSU are fools gold, and the Mississippis are going down down down. Unless you expect some serious movement from Arkansas then that is 4-6 wins there, but we'll go middle and say 5. So that's 8 right there, and I see no way Auburn loses to Oregon so 9 right there. That leaves Florida, UGA, and Alabama. Ill level and say for sure they lose the obvious 2, but Florida is a real weird game.
    Didn't Auburn lose to Tennessee last year?

They may very well beat Oregon, LSU and aTm but I think you're a little too confident in that. It's not as though they crushed Washington last year either.

Not to mention they play LSU and aTm on the road. Plus not sure we have a clear idea of how good or bad their QB play will be.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Re: Sheridan sets line on hypothetical Bama-Clemson Week 1 game, digs on the Gus Bus

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I think that Auburn will struggle to win 8 games this year. I could as easily see them only winning 6 as winning 8. I don't give them a prayer of winning 10+.
    Well I for one am hoping you are wrong and they exceed expectations by winning 9 games next year. We need to keep the bus parked at the University of Auburn for at least 5 more years.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

I think you mean Browning.

Auburn's defense is going to kill Herbert, and I think everyone deep down knows it. Oregon's only hope is that Auburn's offense is so bad that they cant move it on a defense that only kept 1 PAC 12 team under 20 last year.

Might want to check again. Auburn is probably the 2nd best team in the West this year. aTm and LSU are fools gold, and the Mississippis are going down down down. Unless you expect some serious movement from Arkansas then that is 4-6 wins there, but we'll go middle and say 5. So that's 8 right there, and I see no way Auburn loses to Oregon so 9 right there. That leaves Florida, UGA, and Alabama. Ill level and say for sure they lose the obvious 2, but Florida is a real weird game.
    Yeah, meant Browning.

Until we see what kind of QB play Auburn is going to get, I'm not sure we can say anything about their season. They do return all five starters on the OL, but the OL was not that great last year. Playing TAMU, Florida, and LSU all on the road with a first time starting QB can be pretty challenging.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Mario (Oregon) is familiar enough with awbern that they won't be totally surprised by the smoke and mirrors offense that caught Washington last year...
    even with that said, Washington choke and should have won the game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I think Gus' record against CNS is really more about Auburn vs. Alabama. Any coach they put on the field has a fighting chance against Bama...even a CNS coached Bama because it's the ONE game a year that matters most to them.

I will never want us to get so narrow in our thinking that beating Auburn is all that matters, but, to give credit where credit is due, sometimes I wish we hated them and wanted to beat them half as much as they hate us and want to beat us. I'm not talking about "the fans," I'm talking about the players. Their players buy into the hype of hating/beating Bama better than CNS allows our players. It's part of his brilliance to play one game at a time, but it's partly the reason they'll beat us sometimes when they have no business beating us.

FWIW, I hope they lose every game they play this year but look for them to win around 7-8 games and play us as tough as anybody. It's "who" they are.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Yeah, meant Browning.

Until we see what kind of QB play Auburn is going to get, I'm not sure we can say anything about their season. They do return all five starters on the OL, but the OL was not that great last year. Playing TAMU, Florida, and LSU all on the road with a first time starting QB can be pretty challenging.
    Agreed and the whole key to their season is Oregon IMO. Lose and they could spiral since the noise from fans and media will be extreme.

Yeah, meant Browning.

auburn OL is one injury away from a train wreck. they currently have 10 OL on scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I think that Auburn will struggle to win 8 games this year. I could as easily see them only winning 6 as winning 8. I don't give them a prayer of winning 10+.

This is the correct response!

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post

Not to mention they play LSU and aTm on the road. Plus not sure we have a clear idea of how good or bad their QB play will be.
    I can tell you that I'm confident that aTm and LSU wont be anywhere near as good as what they were last year, and both teams maybe fighting for 8-4 or 7-5. Auburn is a lot more stable than both teams, and more than likely the team that challenges us for the West.

You mention aTm on the road... Auburn has NEVER lost in College Station. On the flipside LSU hasn't lost to Auburn since Tuberville and Dinardo faced off. So......

It just seems every time when Auburn returns a good deal of players on defense, LSU loses a lot on defense, and Bama fans are predicting 5 or more losses for Auburn in a year that we have to go to JHS Auburn always seems to shoot the moon record wise. Maybe 9-10 wins is too much, but I can tell you for a fact Auburn wont struggle for 8 wins.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Looking at their schedule it looks like about 6-6 to me if it shakes out as I expect. But they'll probably win 1 or 2 they shouldn't a lose one they shouldn't. Again, I think about 7-5 regular season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Yes but Gus is one of 3 active coaches that has beat him multiple times, and Saban always has trouble beating him down at Jerkin Hair Stadium. Ive never attended an Alabama game and been so nervous when we played a 6 win team than I was in 2015 @ Auburn.

The problem is that everytime Gus is not hyped up for a season he wins big. Looking at their schedule....

Saturday
    Aug. 31
    W vs Oregon DucksAT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX 7:30pm ETABC Buy Tickets
    Saturday
    Sep. 7
    W Tulane Green WaveJordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
    Saturday
    Sep. 14
    W Kent State Golden FlashesJordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
    Saturday
    Sep. 21
    W at Texas A&M AggiesKyle Field, College Station, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
    Saturday
    Sep. 28
    W Mississippi State BulldogsJordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
    Saturday
    Oct. 5
    T at Florida GatorsBen Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
    Saturday
    Oct. 12
    OFF
    Saturday
    Oct. 19
    W at Arkansas RazorbacksD.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
    Saturday
    Oct. 26
    T at LSU TigersTiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
    Saturday
    Nov. 2
    W Ole Miss RebelsJordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
    Saturday
    Nov. 9
    OFF
    Saturday
    Nov. 16
    L Georgia BulldogsJordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
    Saturday
    Nov. 23
    W Samford BulldogsJordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
    Saturday
    Nov. 30
    L Alabama Crimson TideJordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL Time TBA ETTV TBA

I see 8 Wins off the bat, 2 tossups, and 2 losses. The thing about the tossups are that Florida has a serious problem about beating Auburn period, and Auburn hasn't won at Tiger Stadium since Dinardo walked the sidelines. But I can see Auburn at worst splitting, but I can realistically see them winning both due to Florida being a work in progress and Oeaux without talent so that brings us to 9-10 wins before we factor in UGA and Bama. But here is the thing, Kirby has not won on the road vs the SECW yet, and I have a feeling UGA is not going to have the season they are expecting. So its entirely possible the SECW can be decided at the Iron Bowl.

I predict a pretty good to a really good Auburn season this year, but I'm hoping that doesn't come to pass.
    I just noticed their last four games are at home which is strange. The first 8 games are going to be key to their season, however, the last two at home they will be underdogs..

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Check for what? We have no idea until the games are played - we are guessing. Based on talent alone, LSU ans aTm are both better teams, and they both probably have better coaches. FL has a better coach with equivalent talent. GA and Alabama should dismantle them. And when Gus' teams implode, they do so royally, so losses to teams like Oregon or MS State are not out of the question.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

. Playing TAMU, Florida, and LSU all on the road with a first time starting QB can be pretty challenging.
    Its not exactly the road games that we should be concerned about. Lets just say they win two of those (Which I'm telling you aTm is a definite win for Auburn and you have to figure at worse they split with a Florida team about 2-3 years away and Oeux's luck has to run out with the lack of experience and talent coming back) they still play their toughest games at home. Kirby has a huge problem at beating any west team on the road, and has been blown out all three years in that particular game. So are you 100% confident in UGA going on the road in that house of horrors?

Auburn is talented enough to beat anyone on their schedule, and its usually in years where they aren't hyped to do anything and years where most of the West is losing a lot of players that they make a big run.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal