What's the best road stadium/game day experience you've ever had?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
2002 in Norman was a great experience, save for the last 3:30 of the game. Knowledgeable, welcoming fans, and a gameday lead-in theSooners had never witnessed. Mrs. Basket Case and I got into OKC (only a few miles from Norman) on Friday. We had a hoot listening to the local sports talk station yammer about the RV Army.

Alabama played a great game, but came up short in the end, and the final cheap touchdown OU got made the score not representative of the game.

I was most proud of the fans....after the game ended, most of the OU fans had left. Which meant the Alabama fans, dressed in white at Franchione's specific request, were largely alone. The Alabama fans chanted Roll Tide...Roll Tide....Roll Tide...over and over, sending the team off the field. The next day, the Oklahoma City newspaper of record (name escapes me) commented on it extensively. In a most admiring way, called it, "eerie."

Best experience at a road win was the 1/1/2010 Rose Bowl, at the end of the 2009 season. Absolutely perfect weather leading into the game. A whipping the UTw's still whine about, and a definitive statement that Alabama was back.

As others have posted, the Rose Bowl is horribly outdated. I could write a Selma post on that. Still, it's hard to think of a better day.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.