What's the best road stadium/game day experience you've ever had?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What's the best road stadium/game day experience you've ever had?
If you are including bowl games - the Rose Bowl. If not, Wisconsin in the B1G. But, to be honest, no game day experience has ever felt better than the games that I have attended at OSU and Alabama.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It really depends on what you are talking about:

Moment: The final play of the national championship in Atlanta

Venue: Ive always been partial to Jerry World because of the room

Overall experience: This one is a little tricky because there are only two I absolutely love and the rest range from meh to horrible. But if you twisted my arm I would say Texas A&M and then Saturday Night in Death Valley as close close second

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I really enjoyed Mississippi State in 2017.

For reference I've been to AU, UT, Vandy, and Ole Miss (and a bunch of bowl games and neutral site games, but I don't count those). This year I hope to make it to SC and TAMU as well. Next year will be LSU.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Outside of neutral site/bowl games the only road game I've been to is LSU. The atmosphere there is a ton of fun and I'm not sure many/any others could top it. But hopefully over the next decade I'll be going to more road games.

I honestly haven't loved any of the bowl games I've been to. Rose Bowl is nice because its in Pasadena and just has amazing weather but I don't love the stadium like some others do.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I honestly haven't loved any of the bowl games I've been to. Rose Bowl is nice because its in Pasadena and just has amazing weather but I don't love the stadium like some others do.
Ive always heard the Rose Bowl is a dump with great grass and great scenery behind it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Ive always heard the Rose Bowl is a dump with great grass and great scenery behind it.

You park on a golf course what feels like 7 miles away, get to the stadium more than an hour before kickoff and then get slowly fed in through narrow tunnels one at a time into the inner bowl of the stadium taking well over an hour. The stadium rows are then massive meaning you have to get 30 People to stand up to get to your tiny seat where you are too far back to really see much more than 1 endzone. The entire process takes so long that you nearly miss kickoff only to watch UCLA shame and abuse a terribly under prepared Mike Dubose coached team.

I hate the Rose Bowl Stadium. Worst place I've ever seen a game

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
92 Championship game in the Dome Student section

Amazing

92 SEC Championship

Freezing and Amazing

89 LSU just great fun

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
2018 CFPNCG

National championship.jpg

2019 Orange Bowl

orange bowl.jpg

2016 LSU

lsu.jpg

2018 Tennessee
rocky top.jpg

Some of the better experiences. I'm just bummed that all of my aTm pics are lost :mad2: Guess Ill have to go back :smile:

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Those lights at the Orange Bowl are awful. I hope I never have to see a game there again, at least a night game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Only been to one: Starkvegas. It's nicer than you'd think, if you've never been. The cowbells were never an issue. We dominated both games I went to.
I went in 2017. Yes Cowbells are annoying, parking is a chore, and the State fans around me were drunk and stupid. But its a nice little stadium, and I would highly recommend it... especially over Ole Miss.

Ranking best to worst SEC stadium experiences:

Highly recommend

1A Texas A&M: any fan of college football tradition needs to go. the cadets, the crowd interaction, and stadium are great. NICEST FANS IN THE WORLD

1B LSU: Saturday Night in Death Valley and a belly full of Cajun food is hard to beat. Just be prepared for ribbing

3 Tennessee: Now I say this from a person not afraid of high seats, and never experienced a game at Neyland when Tennessee was on a roll. But its one of the prettiest trips, but the stadium is kinda a dump with the puke orange around.

Pretty good:

4 Mizzou: its a nice little stadium, free parking, and good people

5 MSU: see above

Wont go back:

6 Auburn: They were a 6 win team, but still arrogant and vulgar the entire day. The stadium is just an updated version of Legion Field. The scoreboard is sorta distracting.

7. Ole Miss: The most overrated experience Ive ever had. The Grove was a claustrophobic nightmare, and the fans were horrible. I went in 2016 so the experience maybe different amongst them. But the stadium is a rinky dink stadium with nice grass.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Those lights at the Orange Bowl are awful. I hope I never have to see a game there again, at least a night game.
Yeah I wasn't a fan of them either, but atleast there was plenty of space outside and inside the stadium. I like HardRock better than the new Georgia Dome because of that aspect, and I'm probably a minority in that regard. Jerry world is my favorite stadium.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As much as I hate to admit it, Notre Dame is amazing. The campus and stadium take you back in time to a different era.

South Bend is a dumpster of a city, but the campus is amazing.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
As much as I hate to admit it, Notre Dame is amazing. The campus and stadium take you back in time to a different era.

South Bend is a dumpster of a city, but the campus is amazing.
I* Just going out on a li*b and asu*ing you have been to Ann Arbor for a Ga*e.... I heard it is like experiencing being in a sardine can

FWIW Ive heard Notre Da*e is an experience that every college football fan should experience so I a* going when we play the* up there if I a* still kicking.

ETA I did the *ichigan thing just for you since we are talking about "that" place up north. :wink:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
In my experience, Penn State for the great fans and location. Texas A&M close second just for the fans. By “fans” I mean courtesy, sportsmanship, tailgating, and stadium behavior. YMMV

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I* Just going out on a li*b and asu*ing you have been to Ann Arbor for a Ga*e.... I heard it is like experiencing being in a sardine can

FWIW Ive heard Notre Da*e is an experience that every college football fan should experience so I a* going when we play the* up there if I a* still kicking.

ETA I did the *ichigan thing just for you since we are talking about "that" place up north. :wink:
LOL, I have been to UM many times but refuse to say anything nice about them

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.