Alabama - Clemson V

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I just don't see Clempson getting back to the playoff this year. Success is a heavy burden that we have been able to manage over the years but not sure Dabo and gang have figured it out yet. We'll see but someone out of the blue like Syracuse or a seriously bad FSU team will take them out in the regular season IMHO.
They'll have no problems going undefeated being in the ACC. Sure, they may find a way to lose 1 (if that) but they'll be given the benefit of the doubt like Alabama has in seasons past. They'll have to lose at least 2 not to be in the playoffs.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
With their schedules and talent there is no excuse for Clemson or Alabama to miss the playoffs this year. They probably have the 2 best offenses in college football and will likely have 2 of the better defenses.

I really don't think many teams are even close right now. Honestly, the only team that I think is close is Georgia.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I just believe whatever ESPN is selling. lol.

Off the top of my head:

From ESPN..............you have

1) SEC speed
2) SEC size
3) SEC talent
4) SEC venues
5) SEC schedules
6) SEC rivalries
7) SEC heat
8) SEC humidity
9) SEC coaching
Here's another one:
SECond to none...

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Complacency has a way of creeping in -- even with the king of all motivational speakers as the HC...... I think they slip up this year..... If A&M scares them, with Syracuse the following week -- that could be a place to knock them down a peg.
Yep, sooner or later they will start to read how great they are and fall off. It is human nature.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
For Alabama, We can't take MSU, AU, TN LSU and TAMU for granted. Auburn always will have a chance to beat Alabama.. no matter how things goes for Auburn. Tennessee is improving and so is TAMU. Gonna be tough. Clemson is always known to lose a game each year.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
They'll have no problems going undefeated being in the ACC. Sure, they may find a way to lose 1 (if that) but they'll be given the benefit of the doubt like Alabama has in seasons past. They'll have to lose at least 2 not to be in the playoffs.
I really hope they do make it back while this last game is fresh in everyone's mind. Ready to thump them back in a big way. But, I get the feeling they are going to trend down this year for some reason. Hope I am wrong.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I am tired of Clemson, just really tired.

I hate playing auburn in auburn; nothing is a given except be ready for anything.

An untested and rested-all-season Clemson is that much tougher to beat.

I hate being so negative, so I'll leave with at least we have some great home games. Roll Tide!

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
"I am tired of Clemson, just really tired."

Now try to imagine how tired everyone else has been of Alabama all these years.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Now try to imagine how tired everyone else has been of Alabama all these years.

I respect what Clemson has done in the playoffs. It proves that they have talent and are well coached. I just don't respect the conference that allows them to cake walk into the playoffs every year. The ACC is a joke.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
Until recently, we haven't cake walked through anything. We struggled twice last season.

I personally have little interest in the conference mantra. To me it's just a thingy allowing every football show to have something to argue over.

Alabama will be absolute favorites in every game they play during the season.

Clemson will be absolute favorites in every game they play during the season.

But Bama will be more tired??

Even with the time off leading up to the post season games?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Why would you...Let's TRY to match up powers...

Bama:Clemson OK, I get that...
Georgia...Syracuse??? LOL
LSU: ???
aTm:???
Miss. St.: ???
Florida:???
Auburn:???

I wouldn't want to talk about a one pony show either...The ACC is a JOKE!!!

Now, that's NOT Dabo's or Clemson's fault...but at least admit it instead of saying you don't like the "little THINGY" the rest of the world seems to have accepted over the last century...come on man...

Until recently, we haven't cake walked through anything. We struggled twice last season.

I personally have little interest in the conference mantra. To me it's just a thingy allowing every football show to have something to argue over.

Alabama will be absolute favorites in every game they play during the season.

Clemson will be absolute favorites in every game they play during the season.

But Bama will be more tired??

Even with the time off leading up to the post season games?

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
Why would you...Let's TRY to match up powers...

Bama:Clemson OK, I get that...
Georgia...Syracuse??? LOL
LSU: ???
aTm:???
Miss. St.: ???
Florida:???
Auburn:???

I wouldn't want to talk about a one pony show either...The ACC is a JOKE!!!

Now, that's NOT Dabo's or Clemson's fault...but at least admit it instead of saying you don't like the "little THINGY" the rest of the world seems to have accepted over the last century...come on man...

"the rest of the world" simply includes everyone who worships the views of ESPN.

I really don't like any of the other schools in the ACC. They have nothing to do with my life.

"Where did you attend college?"

"Oh, I went to the SEC" lol!!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No one here "likes" the other SEC schools.
Not sure if he is trolling, being obtuse, or just trying to find a way to fit in here. But he has not recognized the free pass that Clemson is getting to the CFP, so I suspect one of the former.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Not sure if he is trolling, being obtuse, or just trying to find a way to fit in here. But he has not recognized the free pass that Clemson is getting to the CFP, so I suspect one of the former.
You know...……..walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.. could be a duck?... a fish?, have stripes? or eat grass ? Moooo

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
He is Oregonblitzkrieg with two national titles and some confusing pictures when he/she started with us here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.