Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
It's probably going to happen. The 2 most talented teams in the country and clearly a step above everyone else.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I just don't see Clempson getting back to the playoff this year. Success is a heavy burden that we have been able to manage over the years but not sure Dabo and gang have figured it out yet. We'll see but someone out of the blue like Syracuse or a seriously bad FSU team will take them out in the regular season IMHO.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I just don't see Clempson getting back to the playoff this year. Success is a heavy burden that we have been able to manage over the years but not sure Dabo and gang have figured it out yet. We'll see but someone out of the blue like Syracuse or a seriously bad FSU team will take them out in the regular season IMHO.
I don’t see anyone who will challenge them enough to keep them from winning the ACC- even with 1 loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
I'm going out on a limb and say one or both won't be in the championship game although I think Alabama has the best shot.

Alabama has to prove they've improved, especially on defense and we have some tough opponents on the road and the SEC game. Clemson lost a lot on defense. As much or more than we lost the year before and they lost a couple of top receivers.

Texas A&M may get them early but I think whoever they meet in the semi-final might take them out of the championship game like we did the year before.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
In my opinion, Clemson's defense will again be pretty salty.

Swinney averaged playing over 72 players per game over the last few years.

Similar to Alabama, it appears to me that Clemson has recruited to the level that allows them to also be able to "plug in" at more and more positions.

Texas A&m will NOT get Clemson in Clemson at 3:30 pm in the afternoon.

That stadium will be an absolute madhouse. A&M's QB won't be able to hear anything. If you've never been there, it's freakin noisy.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
In my opinion, Clemson's defense will again be pretty salty.

Swinney averaged playing over 72 players per game over the last few years.

Similar to Alabama, it appears to me that Clemson has recruited to the level that allows them to also be able to "plug in" at more and more positions.

Texas A&m will NOT get Clemson in Clemson at 3:30 pm in the afternoon.

That stadium will be an absolute madhouse. A&M's QB won't be able to hear anything. If you've never been there, it's freakin noisy.
Gimme Jimbo by a nose in that one:cool2:...

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
I have zero doubt Alabama will have motivation and hunger.

To me, that's a "duh" kinda thingy.

ESPN will talk that aspect to death throughout the season.

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
I think we meet again and i like our chances ! FYI: Clemson lost old man Renfrow but they are loaded at receiver. Ross who destroyed us is back, 1st rounder in next year's draft Higgins is back and they they have 2 freaks in ladson (sp?) and Nagata...I read an article that said Ladson was the best freshman WR they had ever had on their team...

I'm going out on a limb and say one or both won't be in the championship game although I think Alabama has the best shot.

Alabama has to prove they've improved, especially on defense and we have some tough opponents on the road and the SEC game. Clemson lost a lot on defense. As much or more than we lost the year before and they lost a couple of top receivers.

Texas A&M may get them early but I think whoever they meet in the semi-final might take them out of the championship game like we did the year before.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
I just believe whatever ESPN is selling. lol.

Off the top of my head:

From ESPN..............you have

1) SEC speed
2) SEC size
3) SEC talent
4) SEC venues
5) SEC schedules
6) SEC rivalries
7) SEC heat
8) SEC humidity
9) SEC coaching

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Clemson has the easiest schedule in college football.
Complacency has a way of creeping in -- even with the king of all motivational speakers as the HC...... I think they slip up this year..... If A&M scares them, with Syracuse the following week -- that could be a place to knock them down a peg.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.