Nate Oats' 5-year contract includes big buyouts

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That's a very poorly written article:

Alabama would owe Oats $9,187,500 if he's fired without cause -- such as for personal conduct or NCAA violations -- by March 14, 2020. The buyout would go down to $7.35 million the following year and decrease each year.
In all coaching contracts, the bolded language is considered to be "with cause"...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
That's a very poorly written article:

In all coaching contracts, the bolded language is considered to be "with cause"...
Poorly written for sure. I saw the same thing and figured the writer was using the items between the dashes to describe "cause" but only because I know that is what it means; definitely not the way it is formatted.

We still get the local paper delivered to our house and I've noticed that the writing skills of the professionals from a technical standpoint have taken a nosedive. Shortcuts used when posting on forums and texting are the likely culprits. I don't know what the journalism majors are taught.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Poorly written for sure. I saw the same thing and figured the writer was using the items between the dashes to describe "cause" but only because I know that is what it means; definitely not the way it is formatted.

We still get the local paper delivered to our house and I've noticed that the writing skills of the professionals from a technical standpoint have taken a nosedive. Shortcuts used when posting on forums and texting are the likely culprits. I don't know what the journalism majors are taught.
A friend of mine, an excellent journalist who was "retired" by what's left of the Huntsville Times in the shell that's AL.com, explained it to me - no more proofreaders. Proofreaders did a lot more than check spelling. After all, spellcheck can (usually) accomplish that. A lot of editing went on also. When you combine the fired proofreaders with the general decline in the teaching of English, you get the mangled stuff you read now...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
A friend of mine, an excellent journalist who was "retired" by what's left of the Huntsville Times in the shell that's AL.com, explained it to me - no more proofreaders. Proofreaders did a lot more than check spelling. After all, spellcheck can (usually) accomplish that. A lot of editing went on also. When you combine the fired proofreaders with the general decline in the teaching of English, you get the mangled stuff you read now...
Absolutely!

On a side note, they don't even teach cursive writing anymore. How do kids sign their names these days???

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
A bit o/t, but I just read a story about something that happened in the UK, the other day. In some place called New Castle.

Anyone who follows the silly EPL knows it is Newcastle. (Or, as they would say, Nercarrsel.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.