Dabo on contract buyout if he comes to Bama

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
That part is kinda fun, actually. I love the (relatively minor) distraction.
I have no issue with it being brought up on our side, I just imagine how aggravating it must be to deal with.

Truthfully, there’s nothing really newsworthy about what he said, although the mention of going to coach professionals when asked about Alabama was eyebrow raising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
Of course nobody can predict the future. ( if you think you can, are you filthy rich? )

Having closely followed Clemson football for 63 years, Swinney is exactly what we've been searching for all those years.

So far, we've been willing to pay the man and the staff he needs.

Hopefully, we meet again this season.

I've always had respect and awe for Alabama football.

Approaching 70, I've been lucky enough to watch some really great players and coaches through the years.

Best coach I ever saw back then was Bobby Dodd.

Saw Bear Bryant at Clemson in 1967. Clemson lost, 10-13.

You guys had Kenny Stabler and Dennis Homan( sp.)

Bama brought well over 100 players that day.

And the Miillion Dollar Band was good too. Clemson had a military band and we weren't used to seeing a band like that.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I have no animosity towards Dabo like many do and frankly he has proven himself as one of the top 2 coaches in the game today! That being said....my money is on him retiring or being run off way before there is an opening for the head coaching job in Tuscaloosa at Bama!!

Coach Saban will be winning SEC and national championships when he is 100!!! ;)

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I think Dabo handles that question about as well as he can. Even if he would view the Bama HC job as his dream job it's best for him not to say much right now since Coach Saban may still be coaching another 10 years.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I think Dabo handles that question about as well as he can. Even if he would view the Bama HC job as his dream job it's best for him not to say much right now since Coach Saban may still be coaching another 10 years.
I actually agree with you and I'm also glad that he doesn't outright say "I ain't coming to Bama even if they ask" ;)

Keeps them distracted a bit and he doesn't have to go back on what he said 25 years from now when CNS takes his talents (full time) to Lake Burton :D

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I agree with this and how Dabo has handled this, but I do not believe CNS will still be coaching football in ten years. If Dabo continues on his current trajectory he will get his chance at the Alabama job.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I agree with this and how Dabo has handled this, but I do not believe CNS will still be coaching football in ten years. If Dabo continues on his current trajectory he will get his chance at the Alabama job.
I agree........ Saban May go 5 more seasons, or till he breaks the NC record. It’s his decision if and when, and he’s earned it

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
We don't even have to imagine - the last couple of off-seasons are the first time we've not heard non-stop prattling about CNS leaving Bama.
There are no reports of Nick leaving, but, I bet Dabo and others are using Nick’s age and retirement as a tool in recruiting!

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I agree........ Saban May go 5 more seasons, or till he breaks the NC record. It’s his decision if and when, and he’s earned it
Speaking of records he does have a chance to beat Coach Bryant's career total of 323 wins in about 7 or 8 seasons if he keeps winning at the same rate he has been at Bama. I don't know how much those kind of things mean to him but if he'd like to be recognized as perhaps a better coach than Bryant then beating his total wins would certainly be a feather in his cap.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.