Alabama: Patrick Surtain Sr. talks about why Patrick II chose Alabama

tidesarollin

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 25, 2012

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I hope this is not an indication of the future. I have no smart phone and I can't figure out how to watch/read this. Is there a way to view this on a PC?

Definitely a challenge for us Baby Boomers. The millennials and younger do EVERYTHING, save sex, over the phone ( probably somebody working on that, too! ).

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I hope this is not an indication of the future. I have no smart phone and I can't figure out how to watch/read this. Is there a way to view this on a PC?
You don't have a smart phone? What do you have? A flip phone? A phone from the 80's? I have an uncle that is the most out of touch old man there is and even he has a smart phone. He hates it and doesn't know how to use it other than to answer it when it rings but he still has one.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
You don't have a smart phone? What do you have? A flip phone? A phone from the 80's? I have an uncle that is the most out of touch old man there is and even he has a smart phone. He hates it and doesn't know how to use it other than to answer it when it rings but he still has one.
Many people don't think I have a life. I don't NEED a smart phone. If I did I would have one. I don't need a riding lawnmower. If I did I would have one. Now I guess the question will become do I need a smart phone to survive or function on TideFans? I think I will survive since I am 72 years old. However, in the future there will be no way to survive without one as even now may businesses are moving away from traditional practices. The day is coming when the smart phone apps will rule big time and unless you have (mark of the beast?;) ) the app to scan your eyeball or your fingerprint you will not be able to buy or sell. So easy. No more wallet full of ID and such -- just scan my eyeball and all is well.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Many people don't think I have a life. I don't NEED a smart phone. If I did I would have one. I don't need a riding lawnmower. If I did I would have one. Now I guess the question will become do I need a smart phone to survive or function on TideFans? I think I will survive since I am 72 years old. However, in the future there will be no way to survive without one as even now may businesses are moving away from traditional practices. The day is coming when the smart phone apps will rule big time and unless you have (mark of the beast?;) ) the app to scan your eyeball or your fingerprint you will not be able to buy or sell. So easy. No more wallet full of ID and such -- just scan my eyeball and all is well.
Hail to a fellow dinosaur! I'm about a decade older and still cling to my flip phone, but even so I've begun to weaken and am actively considering a smart phone. Being still actively working in IT I can assure you that your view of the future is probably on the mark. Hey, its probably a good thing, it'll shock hell out of my millennial granddaughters. Don't want them to get too comfortable, after all, I gave them their first PCs.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Most people these days view the "phone' part of their smart phone as just a seldom used app. Many also don't like it when you use it to contact them.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
You don't have a smart phone?
NO! What do I need one for?

What do you have? A flip phone? A phone from the 80's?
It is called a "land line". It works, and I don't need a magnifying glass to see what silly button to push to answer the stupid thing.

I have an uncle that is the most out of touch old man there is and even he has a smart phone. He hates it and doesn't know how to use it other than to answer it when it rings but he still has one.
Sounds like a great man. Cut him some slack.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Most people these days view the "phone' part of their smart phone as just a seldom used app. Many also don't like it when you use it to contact them.
So why do they have one?

Oh, I know.......................like the kid who lives behind my old house..................."I can push a button, and have Red Lobster delivered, and it only costs $7."

If I am paying someone $7 to deliver something to eat.........................there has to be better choices. Typical millennial. Instant gratification. Hope he has a good job, because that $7 will add up to "real money" eventually.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.