The Helmet Question in honor of Old Man Dan ???????

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Guys... I appreciate being mentioned, but it pales in comparison to the honor of being REC for a day.

Think I'll slip on down to the 'Loveliest Village on the Plain' and stir up the Gus fans... both of em.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Thanks...

What can I say except I'm pretty resistant to change.
I love our uniforms just as they are. We have a Classic look.
I've always loved our Crimson helmets.
In my old fashioned opinion...
I call FAIL on teams who change for change sake.

(For the uninformed... I make fun of the Uniform thread everytime it comes up.)

Never mess with success, and never mess with perfection...

BTW:
THIS IS HOW YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL IT'S THE OFF SEASON. :(
My posting was in response to what you said in another thread recently. Just trying to keep everyone alert and awake in the OFF-season.

Man, it's a long time 'til September!

RTR!!!!!!!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm not going to lie. It would be cool to see what the script A would look like on the sides of the helmet. Just the A, not the circle logo, which would be too busy. I'd like to see what it looked like, but I'd never want to change the numeral helmets, not even for one game.

Maybe the script A could go on the sides of the shoulders, I don't know. At the end of the day, it's just not advisable to tinker with perfection.

claybamaman

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2003
Trussville, Al. USA
Not a fan of the Script A on the helmet keep the #'s, but that picture of the crimson chrome helmet does look sharp. I am also a proponent of the white helmet return. I loved it when I was kid in the 80's when Ray Perkins brought them back.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
This is for programs that have no tradition a.k.a. like UK, Baylor, and Oregon. If they think looking like my truck’s bumper is cool [emoji41] let them run with it all the way to their third tier bowl game and Friday night games on ESPN. When they flash the Script A they always put one other word with it...TRADITION. Let’s just leave it at that. PLEASE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.