9-1 loss ends the season - Page 2
Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Re: 9-1 loss ends the season

Without the benefit of actually seeing any games (just radio here), my sense was when we got into a critical situation our guys tried to hard, and didn't "do what the game asks you to do." (Ron Washington always said something like that, when he managed the stRangers.)

We would get into a late-inning situation, where just getting the dang ball out of the infield would have at worst tied the game, and gave us some free baseball. No, our guys seemed to press, and would whiff on 3 straight. Rally over. Sometimes game over. Frequently, it was one of our "big guns" who failed us.

But, a lot of that happens when you are constantly behind, in a game. Once we start to be more competitive, the odds are our guys will let the game come to them, and not the other way around.

Maybe not. We'll see.
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"

I don't post on here much but the one thing I did see improvement in this season was WINNING GAMES AGAINST TEAMS WE SHOULD BEAT - as opposed to the last couple of seasons where we would lose to Podunk Junction. That's a positive.
    Anyone looking objectively at this program at the beginning of the season (perhaps even more so after the last couple of seasons and last couple of coaches) could see we are still a ways from being a consistently competetive/good team. Any coach who came into this situation would have very hard row to hoe. It's gonna take Coach Bohannon a couple of years to fix the rudder before we can even begin to right the ship.
    Formerly known as BamaInCummingGa

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

I just want Bama to put a truly competitive team on the field that can compete for the conference. Granted, though I'd love to be a powerhouse in baseball. The odds of that ever happening are probably not good. But it sure would make watching the baseball tournaments with my boys a lot more interesting if our team was represented. It kills me to hear my boys ask "Daddy, why isn't Alabama any good in baseball?" I'm just not used to hearing "Alabama" and "not any good" in the same sentence. LOL!
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I just want Bama to put a truly competitive team on the field that can compete for the conference. Granted, though I'd love to be a powerhouse in baseball. The odds of that ever happening are probably not good. But it sure would make watching the baseball tournaments with my boys a lot more interesting if our team was represented. It kills me to hear my boys ask "Daddy, why isn't Alabama any good in baseball?" I'm just not used to hearing "Alabama" and "not any good" in the same sentence. LOL!
    While I understand your dilemma, as we go an watch UF since it is only a couple of hours from where we live, Alabama is still the 3rd most winning team in SEC history. Only behind UF and LSU. The way scholarships are not handed out in/at Alabama (state funded like HOPE, etc) puts a major hamper on recruiting. That isn't an excuse, just a reality that makes it more difficult. Coaches have to be spot on in recruiting without missing on a player. That just isn't possible. and it is slowly killing baseball at UA. Coach Bo is doing a great job imo, just inherited a major dumpster fire.
    Back to your original post, I too, am ready for us to get back to competing for championships in the SEC.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL