Link: MarJon Beaucamp 2020 Class 6’6 SF

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I LOVE the fact that half of his highlights were of him running the floor making passes for assists. I think this will be a trait of CNO's future players. At 6'6" he's a legit #2 or #3 with serious ball skills!
I’m quite enjoying the length we are going after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Very interesting ... much success to the young man. Won't be surprised to see a couple more from the 2020 class announce the same thing.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Very interesting ... much success to the young man. Won't be surprised to see a couple more from the 2020 class announce the same thing.
I will solely because it's not cheap to get the necessary training. How many guys have taken bad advice and left college early to not get drafted? Same situation here. Only a few guys can afford (financially and draft stock-wise) to make that decision.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If this becomes a trend it is going water down college b'ball. I don't like it and would rather the NCAA let high school kids go straight to the league instead of taking this path.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I will solely because it's not cheap to get the necessary training. How many guys have taken bad advice and left college early to not get drafted? Same situation here. Only a few guys can afford (financially and draft stock-wise) to make that decision.
True ... its a heck of a gamble to say the least. Here's the press release about it: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...or-nba-draft-with-chameleon-bx-300894978.html

And here's the website about the program: https://www.chameleonbx.com/

All I will say is I hope this works out for him sincerely. He's currently nationally ranked 24th on 247 and 29th on ESPN.

JeffwallaceUA

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 22, 2019
I hope It works out too but the odds are strongly against it. No training compares to game action. Seems like an ignorant decision made for financial reasons by people who dont have the kids best interest at heart. Could be wrong but I doubt it.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
The only benefit is the scouts don't get a year of tape against elite talent to dissect his game. They will likely train for the testing he will be given at the evals. What he could lose out on is the ability to raise his stock. from 2nd round to early first.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.