Link: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer) SIGNS with Bama

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

Who else is he looking at?

Edit: Bama, Arkansas, Georgia and Pitt.

rtr

Last edited:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Gah, you beat me to it again lol. I will happily trade getting Quinerly and losing Mack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I pondered that recently and I have to agree with you. If Mack comes back that will be fine but we are so overloaded at the position he plays that we could afford to lose him. I think it's 80-20 that Lewis will go pro after the upcoming season and Beetle Bolden is a senior so more than likely both of our PG's will be gone next year. Having JQ practicting in CNO's system just waiting to take over and then hopefully we can sign Daishen Nix would have us in very good shape for next year. You are a coach so you can speak to this better than I can but I would assume having someone with JQ's talent to practice against could only help Lewis be that much better this year. Actually it would both of them. Another thought is that our roster is full and not all of these guys are going to get minutes. Someone will have to sit out most of the time so having a redshirt on the bench is not the worst thing in the world.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I pondered that recently and I have to agree with you. If Mack comes back that will be fine but we are so overloaded at the position he plays that we could afford to lose him. I think it's 80-20 that Lewis will go pro after the upcoming season and Beetle Bolden is a senior so more than likely both of our PG's will be gone next year. Having JQ practicting in CNO's system just waiting to take over and then hopefully we can sign Daishen Nix would have us in very good shape for next year. You are a coach so you can speak to this better than I can but I would assume having someone with JQ's talent to practice against could only help Lewis be that much better this year. Actually it would both of them. Another thought is that our roster is full and not all of these guys are going to get minutes. Someone will have to sit out most of the time so having a redshirt on the bench is not the worst thing in the world.
I don't think Mack is coming back and if Mack does, then someone has to transfer.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

I don't think Mack is coming back and if Mack does, then someone has to transfer.
I think you're probably right. When all the tweets were going out that Mack was coming back to school, Cecil tweeted that Mack had not been working out with the team. I took that as a hint that Mack probably wasn't going to be back at UA but will grad transfer somewhere else. I saw something tweeted yesterday that after a recent S&C session the team was sprawled out on the floor of the locker room motionless for 10 minutes or so. I think that may have been quoted from an article that may be behind a paywall, I'm not sure, but it more-or-less confirms what we all suspected that our S&C program was nowhere near what it should have been under xCAJ. With the talent we have at hand, the S&C improvements alone should equal 4-5 more wins this season.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I think you're probably right. When all the tweets were going out that Mack was coming back to school, Cecil tweeted that Mack had not been working out with the team. I took that as a hint that Mack probably wasn't going to be back at UA but will grad transfer somewhere else. I saw something tweeted yesterday that after a recent S&C session the team was sprawled out on the floor of the locker room motionless for 10 minutes or so. I think that may have been quoted from an article that may be behind a paywall, I'm not sure, but it more-or-less confirms what we all suspected that our S&C program was nowhere near what it should have been under xCAJ. With the talent we have at hand, the S&C improvements alone should equal 4-5 more wins this season.
Think it was from an article on The Athletic last week. Tried to find it after seeing the quote but couldn't get access to it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I hate to hear that about Mack. I think with come CNO coaching, he could really be a very good player for us - maybe our best player next year.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

I think in running the program like an NBA team Johnson ran into the Shula problems: lack of focus and self motivation. These guys are kids still, they just want to get out and play basketball. The head coach is responsible for getting them to understand that behind playing fun, successful basketball there is a mountain of work to be done. It’s up to the coach to show these guys what it takes to play basketball at a level where every other guy on the court was the best player at their high school as well.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

I think in running the program like an NBA team Johnson ran into the Shula problems: lack of focus and self motivation. These guys are kids still, they just want to get out and play basketball. The head coach is responsible for getting them to understand that behind playing fun, successful basketball there is a mountain of work to be done. It’s up to the coach to show these guys what it takes to play basketball at a level where every other guy on the court was the best player at their high school as well.

100% agree.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

That and getting rid of entitled apathetic attitudes should help get a few more wins for sure.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017

The only good game Tevin Mack had was Kentucky after that went down South.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017

JQ would be an major upgrade. we should be fine next year I do believe we will make tournament. Come on to T Town JQ.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

The only good game Tevin Mack had was Kentucky after that went down South.
His stats were definitely skewed due to a few good games. He could really light it up when he got hot. Perhaps CAJ didn't use him like he should have but I sorta think Mack is just always going to be one of those guys that are either hot or cold but never in between.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

It is never a good thing to not have the last visit. We will just have to see how it plays out.

rtr

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

It would be outstanding for Kira, Bolden, and Quinerly. They all will get better every single day, going up against someone that is a good as they are.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

For those interested, here's the quote...

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1131560977349120003

Link for those with an account for The Athletic.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.