Link: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer) SIGNS with Bama - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 109
  1. #27
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,551

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMike05 View Post
    I have word from a source that he has committed to us.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, LegionField spilled the beans in Post #12 above...

  2. #28
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    12,286

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    I hate to hear that about Mack. I think with come CNO coaching, he could really be a very good player for us - maybe our best player next year.

  3. #29
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    5,750

    Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    I think you're probably right. When all the tweets were going out that Mack was coming back to school, Cecil tweeted that Mack had not been working out with the team. I took that as a hint that Mack probably wasn't going to be back at UA but will grad transfer somewhere else. I saw something tweeted yesterday that after a recent S&C session the team was sprawled out on the floor of the locker room motionless for 10 minutes or so. I think that may have been quoted from an article that may be behind a paywall, I'm not sure, but it more-or-less confirms what we all suspected that our S&C program was nowhere near what it should have been under xCAJ. With the talent we have at hand, the S&C improvements alone should equal 4-5 more wins this season.
    I think in running the program like an NBA team Johnson ran into the Shula problems: lack of focus and self motivation. These guys are kids still, they just want to get out and play basketball. The head coach is responsible for getting them to understand that behind playing fun, successful basketball there is a mountain of work to be done. Itís up to the coach to show these guys what it takes to play basketball at a level where every other guy on the court was the best player at their high school as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

  4. #30
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,842

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    I think in running the program like an NBA team Johnson ran into the Shula problems: lack of focus and self motivation. These guys are kids still, they just want to get out and play basketball. The head coach is responsible for getting them to understand that behind playing fun, successful basketball there is a mountain of work to be done. It’s up to the coach to show these guys what it takes to play basketball at a level where every other guy on the court was the best player at their high school as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    100% agree.

  5. #31
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    13,427

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    I think you're probably right. When all the tweets were going out that Mack was coming back to school, Cecil tweeted that Mack had not been working out with the team. I took that as a hint that Mack probably wasn't going to be back at UA but will grad transfer somewhere else. I saw something tweeted yesterday that after a recent S&C session the team was sprawled out on the floor of the locker room motionless for 10 minutes or so. I think that may have been quoted from an article that may be behind a paywall, I'm not sure, but it more-or-less confirms what we all suspected that our S&C program was nowhere near what it should have been under xCAJ. With the talent we have at hand, the S&C improvements alone should equal 4-5 more wins this season.
    That and getting rid of entitled apathetic attitudes should help get a few more wins for sure.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  6. #32
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    460

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    The only good game Tevin Mack had was Kentucky after that went down South.

  7. #33
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    460

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    JQ would be an major upgrade. we should be fine next year I do believe we will make tournament. Come on to T Town JQ.

  8. #34
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,842

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    Quote Originally Posted by mlingerfelt31 View Post
    The only good game Tevin Mack had was Kentucky after that went down South.
    His stats were definitely skewed due to a few good games. He could really light it up when he got hot. Perhaps CAJ didn't use him like he should have but I sorta think Mack is just always going to be one of those guys that are either hot or cold but never in between.

  9. #35
    BamaNation All-SEC BamaMike05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Madison, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    1,655
    Thread Starter

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    JQ is still going to take his OV to Pitt tomorrow, but I would expect a commitment announcement, to us, from him in the next couple of days.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #36
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,802

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    It is never a good thing to not have the last visit. We will just have to see how it plays out.

    rtr

  11. #37
    BamaNation First Team LegionField's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    890

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Yeah, LegionField spilled the beans in Post #12 above...
    LOL.........
    "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13, NLT).

  12. #38
    BamaNation All-SEC BamaMike05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Madison, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    1,655
    Thread Starter

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

    Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    I pondered that recently and I have to agree with you. If Mack comes back that will be fine but we are so overloaded at the position he plays that we could afford to lose him. I think it's 80-20 that Lewis will go pro after the upcoming season and Beetle Bolden is a senior so more than likely both of our PG's will be gone next year. Having JQ practicting in CNO's system just waiting to take over and then hopefully we can sign Daishen Nix would have us in very good shape for next year. You are a coach so you can speak to this better than I can but I would assume having someone with JQ's talent to practice against could only help Lewis be that much better this year. Actually it would both of them. Another thought is that our roster is full and not all of these guys are going to get minutes. Someone will have to sit out most of the time so having a redshirt on the bench is not the worst thing in the world.
    It would be outstanding for Kira, Bolden, and Quinerly. They all will get better every single day, going up against someone that is a good as they are.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #39
    BamaNation All-SEC BamaMike05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Madison, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    1,655
    Thread Starter

    Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)



    From a Pitt recruiting insider.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear