Link: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer) SIGNS with Bama

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

I know it's copy-righted, but if you get the chance to grab The Athletic's profile on our new basketball coach, do so. It is one terrific job of writing and reporting.

Last edited:

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL

Posted to another thread, but thought it belonged here also...

CNO interview with WVUA.

Link
I liked the part where he was talking about CNS being great about helping with recruiting. To paraphrase: They had a recruit in earlier this week and he (CNS) was great. It went great. The mother was ready to sign right there.

Good insight to the recruiting trip to Quinerly. Already rumblings of how well the trip went. Guess this confirms it.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I liked the part where he was talking about CNS being great about helping with recruiting. To paraphrase: They had a recruit in earlier this week and he (CNS) was great. It went great. The mother was ready to sign right there.

Good insight to the recruiting trip to Quinerly. Already rumblings of how well the trip went. Guess this confirms it.
What recruit was the CNS statement associated with? Hope it was JQ or Daishen...

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL

What recruit was the CNS statement associated with? Hope it was JQ or Daishen...
Quinerly. Put the space in between the quote and my summary about how well it went so it wouldn't look like part of the quote, but guess I could have phrased it better.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Starting to believe this is a done deal and hopefully we get his signature next week.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL

Starting to believe this is a done deal and hopefully we get his signature next week.
IMO, reading between the lines from that interview, the only thing keeping CNO from confirming how VERY well things look with Quinerly is the NCAA rule keeping him from talking about it. Really sounded like there were some winks and nods going on

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Think we have a great shot at JQ. He is a straight shooter. What you see and hear is what you get. Reminds me of Saban in that he understands it takes a process to get to where he wants to get us. He has a vision of what Bama basketball can be and a plan to get it there. I for one can't wait. it'll be fun.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

So JQ has to sit next year, right? What was the problem at Nova? Another 5 star in front of him?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.