Link: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer) SIGNS with Bama

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Video of Jahvon already in Tuscaloosa going around twitter. Glad to see he’s on campus and can get going with team activities now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffwallaceUA

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 22, 2019
I love Oats! I think we might actually have a coach that Michigan is going to want to poach when jawan Howard goes down in flames. We might have to pay this dude saban money to stick around!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Podcast of 247Sports Evan Daniels discussing the addition of JQ:

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
I wish the NCAA would tighten up on giving out waivers and don't think this one should be given even though I'd love to see Quinerly play this upcoming season. I thought it was goofy that Key was allowed to play at UVA this past season along with many other approvals I've seen.

Quinerly needs to find a distant relative living near Tuscaloosa that has a hangnail or some other ailment that makes it difficult for that person to travel to Philadelphia to see him play...
You probably have inside info that I don't have, but according to Cecil, he may have a good chance of a waiver. Apparently, since his assistant coach / recruiter (who brought him from Arizona), was caught up in the FBI sting, JQ may have a fraud charge he can bring. It appears he got no money and can claim he was defrauded by Villanova and therefore cannot succeed there because of the pall it casts on him.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
You probably have inside info that I don't have, but according to Cecil, he may have a good chance of a waiver. Apparently, since his assistant coach / recruiter (who brought him from Arizona), was caught up in the FBI sting, JQ may have a fraud charge he can bring. It appears he got no money and can claim he was defrauded by Villanova and therefore cannot succeed there because of the pall it casts on him.
My initial thought was that there would be no way that JQ would get a waiver but once I read the basis of his waiver then I started to think that it's a very real possibility that it could get approved by the NCAA. I'm still not getting my hopes up and will just wait to see what happens. If he does get the waiver approved then we are that much more of a dangerous team this season but if not then we have a PG who will be ready to take over in 2020-21 if Lewis goes pro. It's a win-win situation IMHO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.