NCAA Rules Two Clemson Players Ineligible for 2019 After Failed CFP Drug Test
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

NCAA Rules Two Clemson Players Ineligible for 2019 After Failed CFP Drug Test

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Re: NCAA Rules Two Clemson Players Ineligible for 2019 After Failed CFP Drug Test

Should have just used deer antler spray.

Re: NCAA Rules Two Clemson Players Ineligible for 2019 After Failed CFP Drug Test

They got caught...aaannndddd nada. Can you imagine if this was us?

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    They got caught...aaannndddd nada. Can you imagine if this was us?
    They are the college football sweethearts right now. If this were OSU or Alabama, there would be many reports about the institutional use of these products to win, putting winning over the health of their players.

There is a reason that Dabo tried to cover for these players during the CFP - they got this supplement from Clemson.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

The REC apparently is NOT doing their job!!
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    They are the college football sweethearts right now. If this were OSU or Alabama, there would be many reports about the institutional use of these products to win, putting winning over the health of their players.

There is a reason that Dabo tried to cover for these players during the CFP - they got this supplement from Clemson.
    That's what bothers me about this. We're talking about four players being suspended, not just one random guy. Even if they all just had a "trace" which can be attributed to a contaminated supplement, seems pretty reasonable to believe they got that supplement from Clemson. What are the odds an athletic program like Clemson orders a supplement that is contaminated? They aren't ordering from many third party suppliers. They get it straight from the manufacturer.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation Scout Team

At least the report notes that all 27 supplements tested from Clemson were negative.

"In the December 2018 instance, the student-athletes were unable to identify the source of contamination. As part of the appeal process, an independent lab tested 27 supplements and products, and none came back as contaminated."

BamaNation Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post

I believe that the report says that 27 supplements used by Clemson all tested negative. The following was in the report today.

"In the December 2018 instance, the student-athletes were unable to identify the source of contamination. As part of the appeal process, an independent lab tested 27 supplements and products, and none came back as contaminated."

BamaNation Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    That's what bothers me about this. We're talking about four players being suspended, not just one random guy. Even if they all just had a "trace" which can be attributed to a contaminated supplement, seems pretty reasonable to believe they got that supplement from Clemson. What are the odds an athletic program like Clemson orders a supplement that is contaminated? They aren't ordering from many third party suppliers. They get it straight from the manufacturer.

All 27 supplements from Clemson tested negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson81to85 View Post
    I believe that the report says that 27 supplements used by Clemson all tested negative. The following was in the report today.

Then, how did they test positive? Either what they took wasn't provided to them by the training staff (thus couldn't be given to the lab) or Clemson didn't give it to the independent lab.

And how would there even be any remaining supplement from what they took to be tested? What are the odds there was remaining supplement by the time the players' results were announced?
    -- Coach Bryant

BamaNation Second Team

9-2

BamaNation Scout Team

Four?? There were three and none of them played in the playoffs. Clemson's supplements all came back negative for contaminants.

BamaNation Scout Team

Then, how did they test positive? Either what they took wasn't provided to them by the training staff (thus couldn't be given to the lab) or Clemson didn't give it to the independent lab.

And how would there even be any remaining supplement from what they took to be tested? What are the odds there was remaining supplement by the time the players' results were announced?
    They probably took a legal supplement, not provided by the athletic department, and it was contaminated. Your guess is as good as mine. But the athletic department supplements tested negative. twenty players were tested and three tested positive. If it were in athletic department supplements, all twenty would have tested positive. That did not happen, plus the ad supplements tested negative for contaminants.