NCAA Rules Two Clemson Players Ineligible for 2019 After Failed CFP Drug Test

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They got caught...aaannndddd nada. Can you imagine if this was us?
They are the college football sweethearts right now. If this were OSU or Alabama, there would be many reports about the institutional use of these products to win, putting winning over the health of their players.

There is a reason that Dabo tried to cover for these players during the CFP - they got this supplement from Clemson.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
They are the college football sweethearts right now. If this were OSU or Alabama, there would be many reports about the institutional use of these products to win, putting winning over the health of their players.

There is a reason that Dabo tried to cover for these players during the CFP - they got this supplement from Clemson.
That's what bothers me about this. We're talking about four players being suspended, not just one random guy. Even if they all just had a "trace" which can be attributed to a contaminated supplement, seems pretty reasonable to believe they got that supplement from Clemson. What are the odds an athletic program like Clemson orders a supplement that is contaminated? They aren't ordering from many third party suppliers. They get it straight from the manufacturer.

Clemson81to85

Aug 26, 2017
At least the report notes that all 27 supplements tested from Clemson were negative.

"In the December 2018 instance, the student-athletes were unable to identify the source of contamination. As part of the appeal process, an independent lab tested 27 supplements and products, and none came back as contaminated."

Clemson81to85

Aug 26, 2017

I believe that the report says that 27 supplements used by Clemson all tested negative. The following was in the report today.

"In the December 2018 instance, the student-athletes were unable to identify the source of contamination. As part of the appeal process, an independent lab tested 27 supplements and products, and none came back as contaminated."

Clemson81to85

Aug 26, 2017
That's what bothers me about this. We're talking about four players being suspended, not just one random guy. Even if they all just had a "trace" which can be attributed to a contaminated supplement, seems pretty reasonable to believe they got that supplement from Clemson. What are the odds an athletic program like Clemson orders a supplement that is contaminated? They aren't ordering from many third party suppliers. They get it straight from the manufacturer.

All 27 supplements from Clemson tested negative.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I believe that the report says that 27 supplements used by Clemson all tested negative. The following was in the report today.

Then, how did they test positive? Either what they took wasn't provided to them by the training staff (thus couldn't be given to the lab) or Clemson didn't give it to the independent lab.

And how would there even be any remaining supplement from what they took to be tested? What are the odds there was remaining supplement by the time the players' results were announced?

Clemson81to85

Aug 26, 2017

Four?? There were three and none of them played in the playoffs. Clemson's supplements all came back negative for contaminants.

Clemson81to85

Aug 26, 2017
Then, how did they test positive? Either what they took wasn't provided to them by the training staff (thus couldn't be given to the lab) or Clemson didn't give it to the independent lab.

And how would there even be any remaining supplement from what they took to be tested? What are the odds there was remaining supplement by the time the players' results were announced?
They probably took a legal supplement, not provided by the athletic department, and it was contaminated. Your guess is as good as mine. But the athletic department supplements tested negative. twenty players were tested and three tested positive. If it were in athletic department supplements, all twenty would have tested positive. That did not happen, plus the ad supplements tested negative for contaminants.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
They got caught...aaannndddd nada. Can you imagine if this was us?
They have so far toppled the giant, that’s the prize for doing it.

To the Clemson fans acting like a major university couldn’t, or wouldn’t provide these substances to certain individuals I have some ocean front property in Topeka I’ll sell you dirt cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think there are some things with the NCAA that have subtleties that the rules don't consider but PEDs are not one of them. The athlete is responsible for what they put in their body. They screwed up and are paying the price. I know homers want to damage control for their guy's honor or whatever but I wish we would all just not.

With that said, how about our group of four that had similar postseason suspensions? I don't remember seeing anything official but I've been busy this year.

Bhammer

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Birmingham
At least the report notes that all 27 supplements tested from Clemson were negative.
I believe that the report says that 27 supplements used by Clemson all tested negative.
All 27 supplements from Clemson tested negative.
Clemson's supplements all came back negative for contaminants.
But the athletic department supplements tested negative... That did not happen, plus the ad supplements tested negative for contaminants.
Sooo.... did the supplements test negative?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Four?? There were three and none of them played in the playoffs. Clemson's supplements all came back negative for contaminants.
Sorry I was one number off.
I think there are some things with the NCAA that have subtleties that the rules don't consider but PEDs are not one of them. The athlete is responsible for what they put in their body. They screwed up and are paying the price. I know homers want to damage control for their guy's honor or whatever but I wish we would all just not.

With that said, how about our group of four that had similar postseason suspensions? I don't remember seeing anything official but I've been busy this year.
You won’t hear anything other than they each were suspended for violation of team rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Did anyone really believe the supplement tests would be positive? Dirty or not, Clemson would make sure submitted samples would be good to go!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.