Game Thread: Super Regional Game 2:Bama vs Texas - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Super Regional Game 2:Bama vs Texas

Cornell, SEC Pitcher of the Year, fails to throw a pitch in the game. Sometimes a coach outsmarts himself. The last thing we wanted was a game 3.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Murphy doesnít need to bring Fouts in off the bench. Thatís twice in a row now that sheís gotten lit up coming off the bench! I think she starts tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Iím at the game and itís a crazy crowd
    Was that you they showed standing up yelling at the umpire?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    When I was umping, the entire foot had to be outside the box (lines) for the batter to be called out. I'm not a fan of this 'point of emphasis' because the call varies way too much from ref to ref. Some really look for it, others not so much...
    Well, they certainly look for it with Brown. She might as well quit slapping because she can't seem to keep the left foot in. With the new rule, even a toe can be over and they can call you out.

BamaNation All-SEC

Well, that was an ugly evening. Did we just relax too much when we got a four run lead and Elish left the game. Whatever happened we sure lost concentration out there. Hope we can dig deep tomorrow and pull this thing out.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Bringing Fouts in with two runners on with their best hitter up was probably the mistake of the ball game. It killed whatever confidence that she had from last night and really threw her into a sinkhole. I think starting Goodman over Cornill is a high risk high reward move, and I really think if you are going to start Goodman you might as well ride her through until you get to a good stopping point because she will get out of trouble at some point. You donít bring fouts in vs their best hitter.

Errors and wasted at bats continue to plague us. I really think Brown, Moore, and Jenkins have become automatic outs at this point. We really need to figure this new pitcher out quick because she had our number tonight.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; May 25th, 2019 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    Was that you they showed standing up yelling at the umpire?
    No. But there was plenty of people around me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Glad I didn't stay up. Ugh.

BamaNation All-American Tide Rev's Avatar

Unless Cornell is experiencing overuse issues, I do not understand why she did not get an opportunity last night. Made sense to me to start her. But I am not the coach. The Elish incident took the air out of us also. I think we thought we had it won when she went down. We never recovered from that point. We need to make an adjustment with Brown. She needs to get on base to put pressure on the defense.

Today will be tough no doubt. Hope the Elish girl is going to be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tide Rev View Post
    Unless Cornell is experiencing overuse issues, I do not understand why she did not get an opportunity last night. Made sense to me to start her. But I am not the coach.
    She was warming up and stretching all night. I'm unsure as well unless Murph didn't want Texas to see her at all in case of a game 3 . So I think it highly possible that you see Cornell and Fouts today.

The Elish incident took the air out of us also. I think we thought we had it won when she went down. We never recovered from that point.

Oddly enough we have scored 7 of the 8 runs in this series off of her. I think it was more we prepared for her all week, and we got a pitcher that we weren't use to. Today should be a low scoring affair, but we should win like 3-0 vs them. I was more surprised that Texas scored 7 runs, only 5 earned.

We need to make an adjustment with Brown. She needs to get on base to put pressure on the defense.

Brown is finally getting called for stepping outside the box mostly because we don't have SEC umps anymore. She is almost an automatic out because even if she makes contact, Texas is playing close enough to get us. But mostly because she cant break that bad habit late in the season. I honestly would be more in favor of her and Merris swapping their batting order, but Murph has lived and died on having a slapper as the 1st batter since Braud.

Hope the Elish girl is going to be okay.
    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...being-hit-face

She is okay, but probably out for the season.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; May 25th, 2019 at 11:25 AM.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-SEC major tidefan's Avatar

All hands on deck today.RTR!

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    Well, they certainly look for it with Brown. She might as well quit slapping because she can't seem to keep the left foot in. With the new rule, even a toe can be over and they can call you out.
    Stupidest rule ever. THE LINE has ALWAYS been IN in baseball/softball. The ONLY sport where that is true. Now any part of the foot ON (doesn't have to be over) the line and you are out. Stupid!

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Unless Cornell is experiencing overuse issues, I do not understand why she did not get an opportunity last night. Made sense to me to start her. But I am not the coach. The Elish incident took the air out of us also. I think we thought we had it won when she went down. We never recovered from that point. We need to make an adjustment with Brown. She needs to get on base to put pressure on the defense.

Today will be tough no doubt. Hope the Elish girl is going to be okay.
    Failed in every phase of the game last night. Coaching, pitching, hitting, and fielding.