Game Thread: Super Regional Game 2:Bama vs Texas

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Unless Cornell is experiencing overuse issues, I do not understand why she did not get an opportunity last night. Made sense to me to start her. But I am not the coach. The Elish incident took the air out of us also. I think we thought we had it won when she went down. We never recovered from that point. We need to make an adjustment with Brown. She needs to get on base to put pressure on the defense.

Today will be tough no doubt. Hope the Elish girl is going to be okay.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Unless Cornell is experiencing overuse issues, I do not understand why she did not get an opportunity last night. Made sense to me to start her. But I am not the coach.
She was warming up and stretching all night. I'm unsure as well unless Murph didn't want Texas to see her at all in case of a game 3 . So I think it highly possible that you see Cornell and Fouts today.

The Elish incident took the air out of us also. I think we thought we had it won when she went down. We never recovered from that point.

Oddly enough we have scored 7 of the 8 runs in this series off of her. I think it was more we prepared for her all week, and we got a pitcher that we weren't use to. Today should be a low scoring affair, but we should win like 3-0 vs them. I was more surprised that Texas scored 7 runs, only 5 earned.

We need to make an adjustment with Brown. She needs to get on base to put pressure on the defense.

Brown is finally getting called for stepping outside the box mostly because we don't have SEC umps anymore. She is almost an automatic out because even if she makes contact, Texas is playing close enough to get us. But mostly because she cant break that bad habit late in the season. I honestly would be more in favor of her and Merris swapping their batting order, but Murph has lived and died on having a slapper as the 1st batter since Braud.

Hope the Elish girl is going to be okay.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/26816157/texas-pitcher-doing-well-being-hit-face

She is okay, but probably out for the season.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Well, they certainly look for it with Brown. She might as well quit slapping because she can't seem to keep the left foot in. With the new rule, even a toe can be over and they can call you out.
Stupidest rule ever. THE LINE has ALWAYS been IN in baseball/softball. The ONLY sport where that is true. Now any part of the foot ON (doesn't have to be over) the line and you are out. Stupid!

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Unless Cornell is experiencing overuse issues, I do not understand why she did not get an opportunity last night. Made sense to me to start her. But I am not the coach. The Elish incident took the air out of us also. I think we thought we had it won when she went down. We never recovered from that point. We need to make an adjustment with Brown. She needs to get on base to put pressure on the defense.

Today will be tough no doubt. Hope the Elish girl is going to be okay.
Failed in every phase of the game last night. Coaching, pitching, hitting, and fielding.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Fouts is starting today. Batting order has changed as well. Sides is leading off followed by Hemphill, Tow and Dykes. Brown in the 9 spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.