H&H series are scheduled w/Notre Dame & Okl. any other schools you'd like to see?

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Re: H&H series are scheduled w/Notre Dame & Okl. any other schools you'd like to see?

Some seem to like a series against one of the military schools but having to prepare to face triple option teams scares me a bit. Army came close to shocking Oklahoma last season and we certainly had problems in the 1st half against the Citadel.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Re: H&H series are scheduled w/Notre Dame & Okl. any other schools you'd like to see?

Some seem to like a series against one of the military schools but having to prepare to face triple option teams scares me a bit. Army came close to shocking Oklahoma last season and we certainly had problems in the 1st half against the Citadel.
Also, Army nearly beat us in the 1988 Sun Bowl. I would rather we stay away from playing any of the service academies, for the same reasons that you give.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Isn't Oklahoma playing at Army this year in a return game?

And I remember OU playing at the Air Force academy some time early in the Bob Stoops era. Maybe 2001.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

Isn't Oklahoma playing at Army this year in a return game?

And I remember OU playing at the Air Force academy some time early in the Bob Stoops era. Maybe 2001.
OU doesn't play Army in 2019 but they do play them again in 2020 at West Point. You are correct that OU played Air Force in 2001 which OU won easily 44-3 and they also played each other in 2010 but OU barely won 27-24.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

OU doesn't play Army in 2019 but they do play them again in 2020 at West Point. You are correct that OU played Air Force in 2001 which OU won easily but they also played each other in 2010 but OU barely won 27-24.
I love that the Sooners are playing Army @ West Point. I did not know that was happening and that is a game that I would love to attend.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

I love that the Sooners are playing Army @ West Point. I did not know that was happening and that is a game that I would love to attend.
Michie Stadium

Michie Stadium is an outdoor football stadium on the campus of the U.S. Military Academy in West Point, New York. The home field for the Army Black Knights, it opened 95 years ago in 1924 and has a current seating capacity of 38,000. The stadium sits at the upper portion of campus, directly west of Lusk Reservoir.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mic...5.69i57j0l5.8135j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

That stadium only seats 46,000 people.
Never. Gonna. Happen.

(I don't disagree with you from an aesthetic and geographic standpoint, but it will never happen. Ever.).
Are you taking their attendance into account? The capacity is 46K, but they average only 29K attendance. That leaves 17K seats plus what the school would send. Duke, for example, seats 40K and averages 27K attendance, so that left 13K seats plus what Duke sent for Bama in 2010.

Last edited:

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

USCw, Washington, Oregon, Wisconsin, Colorado, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

I'm going to West Point for our game in 2020. The game in Norman was a nostalgia nightmare. Watching our beloved triple-option run so precisely was like being bled to death. We scored everytime we had the ball in regulation...3. We could not get them off the field.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I'd like to see a series with Army. It would be a cool trip to New York, and everything I've heard about the campus experience there is great.

Especially if it could be the first game, with plenty of time to prepare for the triple option, I think it would be a lot of fun.

Mrs. Basket Case and I went to the 2000 Army-Navy game in Baltimore (most are in Philadelphia, but it rotates around every so often, and that particular year it was in the Ravens stadium), and for a lot of reasons, every American should go to one.

Neither team was very good...going into the game, I think they might have had three wins between them. Still, the overall experience was absolutely inspirational.

If you can watch the singing after the game and not tear up, you just don't have a heartbeat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.