Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pass Away)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wow! Waiting to make a left turn and hit from behind. The other driver (16 yo) must not have been paying any attention at all to hit them that hard.

Can't take life for granted. So sad.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Though our rivals, you do not wish this on anyone. Praying for the family, the kids, and AU Nation. Praying for the 16 year old and family also. Tragic, devastating news. Bless all of them Lord. You never know what a day will bring.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Wow! Waiting to make a left turn and hit from behind. The other driver (16 yo) must not have been paying any attention at all to hit them that hard.

Can't take life for granted. So sad.
The other car must have been traveling at a high rate of speed.

Terrible, awful news. Life is a vapor...

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
In spite of the difference in our loyalties I felt a kinship with Rod. His name had a "b" in the middle of Bramblett and my name doesn't.
What a tragedy!

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Going to be so strange not having Rod for the regionals, even stranger for football season a few months from now.

Guy was an Auburn icon, and in some ways a CFB icon, as there are very few not familiar with his radio call of the 2013 Iron Bowl.

Chris Davis is going to drop back into the end zone in single safety. Well, I guess if this thing comes up short he can field it and run it out. Alright, here we go. 56-yarder, it's got - no, it does not have the leg. And Chris Davis takes it in the back of the end zone. He'll run it out to the 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 45 - THERE GOES DAVIS! Davis is going to run it all the way back! Auburn's going to win the football game! Auburn's going to win the football game! He ran the missed field goal back! He ran it back 109 yards! They're not going to keep them off the field tonight! Holy Cow! Oh my God! Auburn wins! Auburn has won the Iron Bowl! Auburn has won the Iron Bowl in the most unbelievable fashion you will ever see! I cannot believe it! 34–28!

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Terrible loss. I also was rear-ended by a 16 year old, in my case on his first outing. He never saw me to brake and hit at 50 mph. Totaled the Explorer and I've always credited my survival to the old-fashioned live axle on the early 90s Explorer. With the Highlander, there wasn't much between him and them but sheet metal...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This is terrible. Kids losing their mom and dad in one night is just one of the most tragic things you can imagine.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
This was my first thought. Probably another teen who thought they could beat the odds and text and drive safely. One day this country will wake up and outlaw all phone use in cars. Yes, there are other distractions in cars but, the facts show that since the smart phone has come around, there has been a huge increase in distracted driving accidents.

This is such horrible news, I feel so bad for his kids. Can’t imagine what they are going through. I’ll be honest, I never liked his radio broadcast, nothing was ever Auburn’s fault. But you never want to see harm come to anyone and I pray for healing and comfort for his family and kids.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This was my first thought. Probably another teen who thought they could beat the odds and text and drive safely. One day this country will wake up and outlaw all phone use in cars. Yes, there are other distractions in cars but, the facts show that since the smart phone has come around, there has been a huge increase in distracted driving accidents.

This is such horrible news, I feel so bad for his kids. Can’t imagine what they are going through. I’ll be honest, I never liked his radio broadcast, nothing was ever Auburn’s fault. But you never want to see harm come to anyone and I pray for healing and comfort for his family and kids.
Sorta off topic but I feel like the tech in newer cars is making their safety worse not better despite on the balance structurally being the safest cars we've ever made. The touch screen infotainment trend in automobiles is awful. I'm glad the trend in the luxury market of at least providing a click wheel type human input device near the shifter is working its way down market. Better yet, just putting that kind of HID on the steering wheel and placing the screen more in line with your forward field of vision. But we're talking about a decade's worth of cars with quite possibly the worse human user interface decision possible given the use case context.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

In my case, the kid was calling home to say he was on the way home. My wife's Passat had stalled halfway up Governors Drive and I was in the downhill middle, turn lane, parked, trying to see if I could get over to the shoulder through the New Year's Eve 5:00 rush hour traffic. In his statement, he said that he was looking over at the "wreck," (of course, no wreck) and "my car pulls left." Ironically, he was driving the same model Explorer...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Re: Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away

Such sad news. Football rivalries seem so inconsequential at a time like this. Prayers for the family and slo for the 16 year old who caused the wreck. So young to be responsible for the death of two people.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I’ll never be able to see “GO CRAZY, CADILLAC!” “HE’S GOT LUTZENKIRCHEN!” “53 YEARS!” or “THERE GOES DAVIS!” the same way again. Great memories, tinged with profound sadness.

Took over for a legend in Fyffe. Became a legend in his own right.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.