Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pass Away) - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Re: Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pa

I’ll never be able to see “GO CRAZY, CADILLAC!” “HE’S GOT LUTZENKIRCHEN!” “53 YEARS!” or “THERE GOES DAVIS!” the same way again. Great memories, tinged with profound sadness.

Took over for a legend in Fyffe. Became a legend in his own right.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

Re: Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pa

Very very sad to hear about this. Just two weeks ago, there was a terrible accident under similar circumstances on I-75 south of Atlanta. The common thread in both of these was that it could have been avoided. We are in such a hurry to go nowhere really. And our kids are doing it too. Prayers for Rod's family and his Auburn family and for the kid who did this and his family. This is just awful and makes me feel sick.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Just read about this on ESPN. That IS terrible.

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

What an utter tragedy. There are no words. My heart aches for the families and friends.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Just a horrible, horrible tragedy. I'm so sorry for his family, friends, and all of Auburn fandom. God bless and comfort you all. I pray for his children. I just lost my dad a couple of months ago, completely unexpected, but I cannot imagine losing both parents at such a young age.

I'm heartbroken over this.

I don't know if they've released details yet or not, but if it turns out to be cell phone use.... please people it can wait. There is no reason a couple sitting, waiting to turn, should have suffered the kind of impact it would have required to do this kind of damage. I really wish they'd outlaw phone use entirely inside a moving vehicle.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

Outlawing it won’t change anything. People are still going to use them. People have to understand the severity of their actions since even if illegal, the chances of being caught by law enforcement is so low. It’s absolutely horrible that this happened. Just a horrible, horrible thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Just a horrible, horrible tragedy. I'm so sorry for his family, friends, and all of Auburn fandom. God bless and comfort you all. I pray for his children. I just lost my dad a couple of months ago, completely unexpected, but I cannot imagine losing both parents at such a young age.

I'm heartbroken over this.

I don't know if they've released details yet or not, but if it turns out to be cell phone use.... please people it can wait. There is no reason a couple sitting, waiting to turn, should have suffered the kind of impact it would have required to do this kind of damage. I really wish they'd outlaw phone use entirely inside a moving vehicle.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Could have been anything from just not paying attention to a medical problem. Who knows? I do get that two people are deceased and people want answers. That invites speculation, which is often wrong.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Could have been anything from just not paying attention to a medical problem. Who knows? I do get that two people are deceased and people want answers. That invites speculation, which is often wrong.
    I assumed alcohol because the kid was mostly unhurt. I would imagine this is something that will haunt him the rest of his life.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I assumed alcohol because the kid was mostly unhurt. I would imagine this is something that will haunt him the rest of his life.
    The first report I read said he was fine. Then, I saw a couple of reports indicating he was also in bad shape. This article says he is fine. Hoping he really is fine physically and for many people around him to help him cope with the tragedy.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

Having been the father of teenagers...it had to do with music selection. I have told my daughters several times to find station or playlist and don't mess with it while driving.

I wouldn't rule out gawking off to the side...

Sixteen year olds have absolutely no experience. Is Driver's Ed (in Alabama) even mandatory anymore...?

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Having been the father of teenagers...it had to do with music selection. I have told my daughters several times to find station or playlist and don't mess with it while driving.

I wouldn't rule out gawking off to the side...

Sixteen year olds have absolutely no experience. Is Driver's Ed (in Alabama) even mandatory anymore...?
    When I went through high school it wasn’t. It basically got you out of the state drivers test.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    When I went through high school it wasn’t. It basically got you out of the state drivers test.
    Bwuh?!?

You still had to take the State Test either way...at least in 1975 anyways.