Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pass Away) - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Re: Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pa

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    hell, the connector (i-75/85 thru downtown) is pretty much a parking lot at any given time 6am-8pm 5 days a week and from about 9-7/8 on weekends
    Sometimes I’ll look out the window from the hotel room and see 285 just stacked nose to tail and I say,”Nope” and close the curtain. It wouldn’t be so terrible if the back roads and shortcuts weren’t slam full of cars as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Re: Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pa

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Sometimes I’ll look out the window from the hotel room and see 285 just stacked nose to tail and I say,”Nope” and close the curtain. It wouldn’t be so terrible if the back roads and shortcuts weren’t slam full of cars as well.

Maybe one day you'll look at the window and see a different scene.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I think he really wanted to stress the point or his computer has become sentient or there is an echo in here.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Unassisted triple post, not every day you see one of those.

Thank you Tapatalk! I couldn’t even edit the duplicates down, it said the title was too long. Huh?

"It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    From Walker Co. it was the Jefferson Co. line. My mother and dad are teetotalers and I always wanted to stop at Greentop to get Barbeque but it never happened.
    same here, raised by teetotalers.

the last couple of years i lived in haleyville, the city of jasper went wet. so it was 6 and 1/2 dozen as to which drive we made.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    The back roads are people that were on 285 but thought they were being smart by getting off to take the back roads. These people are the worst. I have had days where I could have biked home faster than t took to drive it because of these people.
    when i first moved here in '93, i used to ride my bike across the north end on what used to be mt. vernon road. this was before all of the development really took off at that area (perimeter rei, exit 5a/b on 400) and the road was still two lane, so the traffic was already heinous. in the evening ride home, i used to get a ton of ticked off drivers because i was riding past lines of cars 1/2 mile + long at several of the intersections. i would ride from powers ferry to peachtree industrial and could make it in about the same time on a bike as in a car.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I think he really wanted to stress the point or his computer has become sentient or there is an echo in here.
    well 285 is a loop

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Just to throw out another name, Chattanooga traffic is usually pretty bad.

BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar

The funeral service for the Bramblett’s is this afternoon. Let us all be in prayer for those two children. I can’t fathom the thought of losing both parents at their age. May our Lord comfort them today.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Going to be so strange not having Rod for the regionals...
    And it is.

Auburn hit a game winning 3 run walk-off dinger to beat Georgia Tech last night and advance to the regional final in the winner’s bracket. Paul Ellen, a familiar name in the fambly, did his damndest, but he just ain’t Rod.
    Last edited by AUDub; June 2nd, 2019 at 01:05 PM.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

It could be that he had a few too many sleepless nights. I have heard several days without sleep is the equivalent of being drunk. The falling asleep would explain why he was not hurt as bad. There would be no tensing up if you were asleep.

God knows in my college days I had many all nighters that extend 2 and 3 nights. I had no business driving then. Thankfully nothing ever happened.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Just reread that report and looked at the Google Maps street view of the intersection from February.

It was just after 6 p.m. that Saturday evening. The 16-year-old driver – a Lee Scott Academy student – was traveling southbound in the outside lane on Shug Jordan Parkway approaching West Samford Avenue in his Jeep Laredo.

The Brambletts, in a 2017 Toyota Highlander, were stopped in the southbound outside lane of Shug Jordan parkway at a traffic light. The Jeep struck the Bramblett’s SUV to the right of center, according to the crash report. The impact caused the Jeep to hit a pedestrian crossing signal and a traffic light police before coming to a final rest.

The Bramblett’s vehicle was pushed into the intersection and through the opposing lanes of traffic before coming to a final rest on the curb.
    For the Jeep to hit the pedestrian crossing signal and then hit the traffic light pole before stopping, he had to be flying.

I am curious about the Bramblett's car, though. They didn't hit anything?
    -- Coach Bryant