Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pass Away) - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Re: Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pa

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Note, I'm not saying he shouldn't be prosecuted but simply that piling on all possible charges no matter how flimsy they are is general order 1 for prosecutors. They intend to overwhelm the defense and encourage plea deals with this tactic. There isn't - to my knowledge - a THC analogue to the breathalyzer that can reasonably deduce the intoxication level of an alcohol drinker at or near the time of incident. He may have been high but I don't think they can prove it unless there was smoldering joint in his car. I wouldn't buy this narrative, by what we know, hook line and sinker even if he had ran over my mom and dad.
    I agree that prosecutors pile on charges to encourage plea deals. Was the kid charged with driving under the influence or was it merely stated that he tested positive for marijuana? You know, in Alabama,the amount of marijuana you can legally have in your system? Zero. Marijuana is illegal in Alabama.

Re: Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pa

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    I agree that prosecutors pile on charges to encourage plea deals. Was the kid charged with driving under the influence or was it merely stated that he tested positive for marijuana? You know, in Alabama,the amount of marijuana you can legally have in your system? Zero. Marijuana is illegal in Alabama.
    He’s only been charged with manslaughter. Was only mentioned he tested positive for marijuana.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/20...slaughter.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Wife talked to a friend that works for the Department of Forensic Science and was told the test would have been urine or blood if he went to the hospital.

The main question would be how strong the results were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

Data shows teen was traveling 91 mph when he hit Brambletts’ SUV

New court documents indicate the speed 16-year-old Johnston Edward Taylor was traveling when his SUV slammed into the back of Rod Bramblett’s Toyota, killing him and his wife, Paula, on May 25.

According to an affidavit, following the crash the Auburn Police Department obtained search warrants to extract the Electronic Data Recording Modules from both Taylor’s 2011 Jeep Cherokee Laredo and the Brambletts’ 2017 Toyota Highlander.

The modules act in a similar manner to an airplane’s black box, recording some data about a vehicle’s actions that can be extracted for review following a crash.

When the data was analyzed by the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, it was determined that Taylor’s Jeep was accelerating from 89 mph to 91 mph, with no signs of any braking, when he hit the back of the Highlander.

The posted speed limit in the area of Shug Jordan Parkway where the double-fatal crash happened is 55 mph.

Additionally, prior to Taylor’s arrest Monday on two counts of manslaughter, Auburn police received results of its Toxicology Analysis Report on a blood sample taken while Taylor was being treated for non-life-threatening injuries at a hospital the evening of the crash.

The blood, sent to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences for testing, found THC, the primary psychoactive component of marijuana “and is indicative of recent usage of Marijuana at the time of the collision on May 25th 2019.”

-- Coach Bryant

Gah, nothing about that is good.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

No excuses for going 91 in a 55. This is more “teen thinks nothing bad can happen to him” attitude. Now he gets to learn the hard way, I hope he spends a long time in jail.

91 freaking miles per hour!! That would be ridiculous on the interstate. I’m probably in the minority but, I have no sympathy for this kid. Play stupid games...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post
    I’m probably in the minority but, I have no sympathy for this kid. Play stupid games...
    I hate that's he's likely thrown his life away.

Maybe you've never had teenagers or yours never made choices that resulted in something like this, but it's sad that two people died and a third will likely never be able to live a normal life due to this. I'm not excusing what he did, I'm simply saying I'm more forgiving about this than if were done by an adult with a fully developed brain.

No winners here.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I hate that's he's likely thrown his life away.

Maybe you've never had teenagers or yours never made choices that resulted in something like this, but it's sad that two people died and a third will likely never be able to live a normal life due to this. I'm not excusing what he did, I'm simply saying I'm more forgiving about this than if were done by an adult with a fully developed brain.

No winners here.
    This. No doubt the kid must be punished, but there's little in the way of justice to be found here.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

The best thing the kid could do if dedicate his life to helping others understand the consequences of bad choices. That'll be hard to do from a jail cell although some seems warranted.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Teens think they’re indestructible. Seen it all the time. I was always the “old soul” and had a healthy fear of all the dumb crap my friends and classmates would do.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Teens think they’re indestructible. Seen it all the time. I was always the “old soul” and had a healthy fear of all the dumb crap my friends and classmates would do.
    Being a "stick in the mud" saves you from a whole lot of trouble and sometimes life-long consequences.

BamaNation All-American

I know 91 is is inexcusable, but putting a 16 year old in prison is not the answer. He made a mistake. "There but by the grace of god go I" is what comes to mind. 16 year old kids do not have a fully developed brain and tend to make decisions that are impetuous and stupid. I raised 2 kids to be adults and while we were blessed for the most part, they didn't always make the best decisions as teenagers either. I feel sure he regrets what has happened and he'll carry that guilt the rest of his life. A family's life has been ruined. Are we going to make it worse by ruining another?

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I know 91 is is inexcusable, but putting a 16 year old in prison is not the answer. He made a mistake. "There but by the grace of god go I" is what comes to mind. 16 year old kids do not have a fully developed brain and tend to make decisions that are impetuous and stupid. I raised 2 kids to be adults and while we were blessed for the most part, they didn't always make the best decisions as teenagers either. I feel sure he regrets what has happened and he'll carry that guilt the rest of his life. A family's life has been ruined. Are we going to make it worse by ruining another?
    That's how I feel about it too. I guess the question will really be, just how badly ruined will two families become from this?