Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pass Away)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Very very sad to hear about this. Just two weeks ago, there was a terrible accident under similar circumstances on I-75 south of Atlanta. The common thread in both of these was that it could have been avoided. We are in such a hurry to go nowhere really. And our kids are doing it too. Prayers for Rod's family and his Auburn family and for the kid who did this and his family. This is just awful and makes me feel sick.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Just a horrible, horrible tragedy. I'm so sorry for his family, friends, and all of Auburn fandom. God bless and comfort you all. I pray for his children. I just lost my dad a couple of months ago, completely unexpected, but I cannot imagine losing both parents at such a young age.

I'm heartbroken over this.

I don't know if they've released details yet or not, but if it turns out to be cell phone use.... please people it can wait. There is no reason a couple sitting, waiting to turn, should have suffered the kind of impact it would have required to do this kind of damage. I really wish they'd outlaw phone use entirely inside a moving vehicle.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Outlawing it won’t change anything. People are still going to use them. People have to understand the severity of their actions since even if illegal, the chances of being caught by law enforcement is so low. It’s absolutely horrible that this happened. Just a horrible, horrible thing.
Just a horrible, horrible tragedy. I'm so sorry for his family, friends, and all of Auburn fandom. God bless and comfort you all. I pray for his children. I just lost my dad a couple of months ago, completely unexpected, but I cannot imagine losing both parents at such a young age.

I'm heartbroken over this.

I don't know if they've released details yet or not, but if it turns out to be cell phone use.... please people it can wait. There is no reason a couple sitting, waiting to turn, should have suffered the kind of impact it would have required to do this kind of damage. I really wish they'd outlaw phone use entirely inside a moving vehicle.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Could have been anything from just not paying attention to a medical problem. Who knows? I do get that two people are deceased and people want answers. That invites speculation, which is often wrong.
I assumed alcohol because the kid was mostly unhurt. I would imagine this is something that will haunt him the rest of his life.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I assumed alcohol because the kid was mostly unhurt. I would imagine this is something that will haunt him the rest of his life.
The first report I read said he was fine. Then, I saw a couple of reports indicating he was also in bad shape. This article says he is fine. Hoping he really is fine physically and for many people around him to help him cope with the tragedy.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Having been the father of teenagers...it had to do with music selection. I have told my daughters several times to find station or playlist and don't mess with it while driving.

I wouldn't rule out gawking off to the side...

Sixteen year olds have absolutely no experience. Is Driver's Ed (in Alabama) even mandatory anymore...? :conf3:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Having been the father of teenagers...it had to do with music selection. I have told my daughters several times to find station or playlist and don't mess with it while driving.

I wouldn't rule out gawking off to the side...

Sixteen year olds have absolutely no experience. Is Driver's Ed (in Alabama) even mandatory anymore...? :conf3:
When I went through high school it wasn’t. It basically got you out of the state drivers test.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Reactions: selmaborntidefan

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Debatable. I’ve seen some real winners in the Midwest, Florida, and Tennessee
I don't drive there and can't imagine worse than we have here. The insurance rates in the state ( compared to elsewhere) will attest to that...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So an idiot can certify a 16 year old to get a license...without a State Test?!?

What kind of idiots passed that legislation?!? SMH
I went through over a decade and some change ago. The drivers ed route took the place of the State Drivers test. If you didn’t take drivers ed then you had to take the test with the county.

You would have to ask a lawyer or some Alabama government official about the non traditional route, but from what I’ve understood only a parent or legal guardian can sign off on the 30 hrs.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I went through over a decade and some change ago. The drivers ed route took the place of the State Drivers test. If you didn’t take drivers ed then you had to take the test with the county.

You would have to ask a lawyer or some Alabama government official about the non traditional route, but from what I’ve understood only a parent or legal guardian can sign off on the 30 hrs.
Like I said...idiocy at its finest!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.